Thread: FFL in IL

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

FFL in IL

I'm in need of a new FFL around the Cook/Dupage area that doesn't charge "high" FFL rates. I called Midwest Gun range today to findout about a FFL Transfer for buying a Lower online and they charge $75 for it. Called Article II in Lombard and they charge $55. I'm used to having paid $20 in the past for these things before moving closer to the city. Anywhere not terribly far that is good to work with for decent rates?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow93 View Post
    I'm in need of a new FFL around the Cook/Dupage area that doesn't charge "high" FFL rates. I called Midwest Gun range today to findout about a FFL Transfer for buying a Lower online and they charge $75 for it. Called Article II in Lombard and they charge $55. I'm used to having paid $20 in the past for these things before moving closer to the city. Anywhere not terribly far that is good to work with for decent rates?
    That sounds pretty high. When I had my FFL I charged $20 and only $10 to club members. That was only 5 years ago. Look on Gunbroker.com for an FFL holder in your area.
    JM

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    $25 is average around TX but I found a new guy that does them for $10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Try Law weapons in Naperville. Is it just a plane lower receiver?

Feedback Score
    Here is a complete list of EVERY FFL in Illinois... http://www.gunrights4illinois.com/ffls-in-illinois/

$50 is average for a gun store. $25 is average for a home based FFL.
    -Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; USCCA Certified Instructor; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
    www.alphakoncepts.com www.gunrights4illinois.com

Feedback Score
    29 (87%)
    John L Scott in Bolingbrook. Close to I-55/355 interchange. I've used him for years. Great guy and low fees. PM me for phone number or just Google him. Will come up as Online Auctions by John.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you don't mind a little drive, check out Marengo Guns. $10 transfer.