Thread: Tapatalk titles?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Tapatalk titles?

I recently upgraded to the latest version of Tapatalk for iOS and in doing so, I noticed that there is no longer titles under the member's names. This kind of poses a problem, especially with new members who now can't differentiate between who is an "Industry Professional", "Subject Matter Expert", "Manufacturer" and so on, when viewing M4C via Tapatalk. Instead, the title has been replaced with what the member is currently doing, ie "Private Messaging", "Viewing Thread", etc. IMO, there is little to no value in that information.

I recently read a thread where a new member, who ultimately ended up being banned, was disputing what some of our experts were saying about a particular brand of AR. Had he been able to see their titles, perhaps he would've put more weight on their opinions. (Or maybe not, he was acting like an idiot. Just giving him the benefit of the doubt.)

Is there a forum Tapatalk plugin or something that can bring back the member's titles?
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    I recently upgraded to the latest version of Tapatalk for iOS and in doing so, I noticed that there is no longer titles under the member's names. This kind of poses a problem, especially with new members who now can't differentiate between who is an "Industry Professional", "Subject Matter Expert", "Manufacturer" and so on, when viewing M4C via Tapatalk. Instead, the title has been replaced with what the member is currently doing, ie "Private Messaging", "Viewing Thread", etc. IMO, there is little to no value in that information.

I recently read a thread where a new member, who ultimately ended up being banned, was disputing what some of our experts were saying about a particular brand of AR. Had he been able to see their titles, perhaps he would've put more weight on their opinions. (Or maybe not, he was acting like an idiot. Just giving him the benefit of the doubt.)

Is there a forum Tapatalk plugin or something that can bring back the member's titles?
    I have the same issue...have you found a fix for this yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The member title is in the "Other" field at the very bottom underneath all the other bio info. At least on Android. It's that way on most other forums I'm a member of and occasionally in the "Position" field.

The Tapatalk developers are constantly changing stuff around which is really annoying. I cringe when an update is released and who knows what they've goofed around with.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippin' Jimmy View Post
    The member title is in the "Other" field at the very bottom underneath all the other bio info. At least on Android. It's that way on most other forums I'm a member of and occasionally in the "Position" field.

The Tapatalk developers are constantly changing stuff around which is really annoying. I cringe when an update is released and who knows what they've goofed around with.
    Yeah, there's no "other" field in the iOS version.
    I hear ya as far as cringing when there's an update. Seems like something is always unnecessarily messed with.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post

Tis' an interesting question. I will bring it before the Jedi Council, and do some dogging myself.

I will tell you, however, that the person you are referring to was voted off the island because of jackassery in general, not just disrespect to SME's and Senior Staff.

Danny left some very large clown shoes to fill.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I will tell you, however, that the person you are referring to was voted off the island because of jackassery in general, not just disrespect to SME's and Senior Staff.

Danny left some very large clown shoes to fill.
    I figured so. He was DB outside of that thread. Good move on swinging BFBH.

In addition to allowing the newbs to view those blue, yellow, or red creds, I find myself occasionally having to switch to "web view", just see somebody's status when either they happen to say something smarter than what I'm accustomed to seeing or to see if they won't be posting at all any time soon. Just gets annoying...

Feedback Score
    Yeah I'm iOS too...can't see the SME/IP titles, but the mods and admin have either a gold or red crown next to the user name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk