Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N82Tactical: Reviews, Questions, Information.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

N82Tactical: Reviews, Questions, Information.

Hello all,

I just purchased a PRO TANDEM from N82Tactical for my Glock 26.

Wondering if they're up to the hype they claim while I wait out the 2 week lead times.

This is the first holster I will be breaking 50 dollars with, and as such is kind of intimidating.

I was having some undershirt issues though, and hoping the full backing will give me more ease in re-holstering.

I fixed my holster shift by getting a different car this weekend (I drove a tiny Kia Rio that would push against the holster as I got out of the car); but decided I would still go out and get something decent.

I really enjoy the idea of "Twist lock Level 2" (by their marketing, it's really a level one as I don't believe there are "retention" adjustments or anything else besides the twistlock.) And will be excited to report back my findings at the end of my testing.

Please provide your feedback, reviews, concerns, questions (even if they are for me the answer after getting some time with this holster), and any comments.

Last edited by HeruMew; 09-26-16 at 12:19.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    It's a thicker backing than some holsters, so if you're on the limit of concealment with the gun itself, the holster might make you print some. I can't carry mine with slimmer clothing (which sucks, as the sueded backing is unreal at wicking sweat away in summer), but I do still carry it at home and in winter because it's so comfortable.

The twisting thing is legit, you do have to give it just the slightest twist to unholster. It's not much, it doesn't take long to get used to, but it does make yanking it out of the holster nearly impossible. It's quite secure.

I had no idea about the Tandem model, I have the older single-clip version, and I'd imagine the Tandem would bring the whole thing tighter to you.

Overall, the N82 Pro is my favorite IWB holster from a comfort perspective, though a little thick, and the guys at N82 are good people as well. If it doesn't print, you'll probably be very happy with it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
    It's a thicker backing than some holsters, so if you're on the limit of concealment with the gun itself, the holster might make you print some. I can't carry mine with slimmer clothing (which sucks, as the sueded backing is unreal at wicking sweat away in summer), but I do still carry it at home and in winter because it's so comfortable.

The twisting thing is legit, you do have to give it just the slightest twist to unholster. It's not much, it doesn't take long to get used to, but it does make yanking it out of the holster nearly impossible. It's quite secure.

I had no idea about the Tandem model, I have the older single-clip version, and I'd imagine the Tandem would bring the whole thing tighter to you.

Overall, the N82 Pro is my favorite IWB holster from a comfort perspective, though a little thick, and the guys at N82 are good people as well. If it doesn't print, you'll probably be very happy with it.
    Great info!

Thanks much Inebriated!

Thankfully Winter is Coming and the Nord of the North has already started breathing heavy on us Minnesotans (it was 30 something this morning when I walked outside).

Sounds like it will be great for the winter. I wear full pants, undershirt, untucked button up everyday rain, sunshine, snow. Including the summer. I suppose I will have to find something else for the summer shorts days when we hit our highs.

Nonetheless, thanks for all the great info, glad to see a good response to them already.

ETA:

About the thickness, I was aware of that thru Nate Johnson:

Apparently the tandem is new to the 2016 year. I think this is the NRA show too, not Shot Show, which means 2nd or 3rd Quarter release, I would imagine.

Considering I have only had one OWB serpa, a few kydex IWBs, a polyfiber ankle holster and a couple pocket holsters, this will be my first "hybrid". It will be interesting to see how it fits for me.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 09-26-16 at 12:40.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Great info!

Thanks much Inebriated!

Thankfully Winter is Coming and the Nord of the North has already started breathing heavy on us Minnesotans (it was 30 something this morning when I walked outside).

Sounds like it will be great for the winter. I wear full pants, undershirt, untucked button up everyday rain, sunshine, snow. Including the summer. I suppose I will have to find something else for the summer shorts days when we hit our highs.

Nonetheless, thanks for all the great info, glad to see a good response to them already.

ETA:

About the thickness, I was aware of that thru Nate Johnson:

Apparently the tandem is new to the 2016 year. I think this is the NRA show too, not Shot Show, which means 2nd or 3rd Quarter release, I would imagine.

Considering I have only had one OWB serpa, a few kydex IWBs, a polyfiber ankle holster and a couple pocket holsters, this will be my first "hybrid". It will be interesting to see how it fits for me.
    No problem. I also wanted to add that, like most hybrids, it doesn't hold a gun tightly when not locked down by a belt. So, just know that. I carry a G21 model that works just as well with a G26 (my full-time carry), and there is absolutely zero play when the belt is on, despite it being a slightly larger fit. It's just not a holster I would use as a trigger guard when not carrying (such as I do with Kydex or an ALS, for instance).

But yeah, as long as you can hide it, it's super comfy. My general summer clothing consists of slimmer, untucked button-down shirts, and slimmer jeans. The G26 hides with a thin Kydex holster, but that's about it. For anything else like t-shirts, polo's, and flannels and jackets in winter, it's fine for me. As always, holster fit is personal, but I've been quite pleased with mine.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well, the two week lead time turned into 2 days and the holster arrived today.

I can already tell this is amazing crafstman ship. By far the most comfortable holster I have ever worn (granted my experience isn't as earned as others yet ).

I really enjoy the retention it provides and the twist lock is an amazing feature. The dual clips make a world of difference for me, coming from a single clip only before (though through frugality more than any other choice ) and i enjoy how well it holds it's position during the time.

I've probably done about 100 draw and reholster cycles and it really is a subtle turn once you get used to it. Had the gf try and simulate a hard snatch and she couldnt get it to pull, if it buys me even a quarter of that much time in a crappy situation I enjoy that comfort.

Will review more after a couple weeks, but I am thinking its off to a great start.

Now I gotta invest in a decent gun belt.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

N82Tactical: Reviews, Questions, Information.

I told you it's comfy! Good luck going back to a Kydex out of anything but shear necessity.

And your experience with the twist lock is like mine. I was iffy on it at first, but to be so subtle and still so effective against a gun grab, it really does prove to be an asset in my opinion. Also, it hasn't gotten sloppier in the thousands of draws I've performed. The backing has the shape of a Glock permanently imprinted, but the twisting is no more exaggerated now than it ever was.

I'm going to have to grab a Tandem soon. It looks like a smart evolution from the single clip design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    So, won't go into to much, but I am pretty smitten over this new holster.

I have always had issues drawing without shifting my position in a vehicle, no more.

I have had to carry something smaller when doing repairs, or maintenance that required me to be on the ground.

I changed my oil on Saturday, rolled over and continued on. I stopped after about 30 seconds and remembered that I had my gun on my side, and realized that it hadn't bothered me at all to put weight onto and move.

Very pleased after a full weekend, and decided to start wearing it full time officially after spending a lot of time this weekend getting familiar with it.

Still have a lot I have to check into it, to compare to other holsters, but this will serve me for a looong time, I can tell that already.

Feedback Score
    N82 is amazing. I've tried the tandem and the Pro. Carry the Pro daily. Awesome quality in all of their products. Awesome customer service. Fast shipping. Top notch company.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Since it's relevant here, I'll share jus' cuz.

I weighed the Galco Triton I typically carry in (just your simple, minimal molded holster), and it weighs 3.1 oz. The N82 Pro (not Tandem) weighs in at 6.3 oz. I feel the tradeoff both ways. I feel the 3 oz difference, but I also feel a tremendous comfort difference. This also explains why my G19 in the Galco suddenly feels less weighty... the 19 in the Galco is 33.6 ounces, the 26 in the N82 is 33.2 oz. So there is a price paid for the comfort. If the 19 concealed acceptably for me, I would have to consider the value of ultimate comfort vs. capacity and capability for the same weight. But since a 19 prints with what I wear because of grip length, rather than width, it's a moot point... It's 26 or nothing.

Also, the holsters are identical in overall thickness, however the N82 obviously sticks the gun out further because of the backing (approximately 3/16"). So my long-standing impression that the holster itself is thicker, isn't quite correct... It's no thicker in the waistband than most Kydex holsters, but the gun itself is pushed further towards your belt by the backing, and the extra mass of the N82 just makes it feel like "more". Comfortable, but more. This, like the weight comparison, is a consideration if you happen to be interested in carrying a wider handgun. The N82 is going to effectively turn a G26 into the width of a G21.

Oh, and remember, I'm comparing a G21 N82 holster in which I carry a G26, to a G26 Galco holster... The G26 N82 might well be more trim around the edges, and weigh a little less. Thickness is likely the same, however, as the G21 and G26 have the same amount of play inside despite physical differences. The belt and your side is the retention mechanism, not the backing.

Anyway, just a couple of minutes of comparing them before I head out with one. I've had both for about four years, just never bothered doing an actual comparison, so, there it is. Both are a hell of a lot more comfortable than a G21 with an X300 and 17+1 with a TTI baseplate in a Safariland ALS (58 ounces...).
    Last edited by Uprange41; 10-05-16 at 11:57.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Great point.

I will try to find time to weigh my 26 + Tandem + 10 + 1 of 124Gr Brass Cased Hollow points and get a seperate weighing of the new Shell Shock Tech ammo I have been keeping loaded.

I swear it drops the loaded weight considerably compared to brass.

One thing I have noticed, about the holster weight in particular, is that the 26 in my kydex holster vs the tandem balances very differently.

Due to the suede backing, I get a lot of weight spread over a much larger space. With the dual clips, it's really done my side justice in keeping me from feeling like I am "heavy" on one side.

The kydex could shift, drag down my belt, my TMT (Tactical Muffin Top) may push my pants further down than I really want.

The grippy back really helps spread that weight around and makes it far less noticeable, for me, in those regards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast