Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: N82Tactical: Reviews, Questions, Information.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Update 1/10/18:
    A year and 2 months later...

I broke a clip. It took 14 months, but it finally happened getting into our Grand Caravan. Snagged on something, heard it snap, but was in a rush. I made sure it was still in it's spot, and limped it home.

Once I got home, I got a chance to inspect it a lot more closely. I can say, in a year, this holster has taken one HELL of a beating. But done so nicely:

This is from, about, 14-18 hours of daily use. I wake up and put on my pants, the holster goes with it. I get ready to go to bed, the reverse happens, and the firearm gets put onto my nightstand in the holster. It's been ingrained in my routine for a long time, even previous to this holster.

Getting to the point though; when I wrote in for the clips, I figured: they'll send me the clips, but with this lifetime warranty, maybe I should try asking them for a warranty repair based on their lifetime warranty under "Normal Use".

I mean, they are a company with "Tactical" in the name. They know people are going to use these holsters. But, was my damages, over time, considered "Normal"? And, were they a company where "Tactical" is more than marketing? That they understand Tactical should imply harder/daily/regular use.

Well, N82 has stuck to their warranty. They told me to send it back in, they will repair or replace the holster and get it back out to me as soon as possible. I am way taken aback. It would have been disappointing if the lifetime warranty wouldn't have covered it, as it's a spendier holster than I normally go to. But, I also knew, I would have gotten quite a bit more time out of the holster before it got so bad it was unusable.

I think, the interesting part is, I am at a perfect middle ground. Used and abused just enough to be beyond acceptable status, but still solid enough to be considered "normal" use.

My only con would be that it did take over a week to get the confirmation that they would replace/warranty it as they had to wait for one of the Nates to return from vacation and verify it. Sadly, though, they didn't send any correspondence informing me of that. It's the holiday time frame though, so I can forgive it.

Nonetheless, I am very very content with N82 at this point. If I have any suggestions, it's to go with a company with similar practices. I got a great 14 months, and hope to get another 14 (or more) out of the next. I will update with pictures of the repair/replacement and any other correspondence I may receive.

ETA: TL;DR? Holster worked amazingly. Clip Broke. Contacted company for warranty and was wowed. Shipped it in on Monday, and hate the fact that I have to use this IWB Blackhawk CQC, while I wait.

Big Thanks to Mr.Clean who was kind enough to throw that Blackhawk in on one of the EE purchases made. Came quite in handy to avoid buying a whole new holster for only a weeks worth of use.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 01-10-18 at 11:16.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well, hot damn.

I just wanted to close out this issue for the googlefu-users in the future.

N82 Tactical has held to their side of the lifetime warranty. After review from one of the Nates, they decided to complete a full rebuild of the holster.

I will be receiving my new holster today, per tracking being out for delivery, and I am just flabbergasted at the level of customer service has been provided.

Their main point of contact, "Dawn", was wonderful to work with. Considerate, prompt, and courteous. I do wish that some of the steps would be taken automatically, but considering I am one of the customers that likes to follow up with repairs, shipping tracking, and timeframes, I would say they've displayed an amazing level of patience.

Nonetheless, 14 months and it's been a helluva 3 weeks waiting to get my holster back. I am so very excited to throw this Blackhawk back into the holster drawer and enjoy the best holster I have ever had the pleasure to use.

I will be picking up a mag carrier, after this experience, and will review once I have some time in with that.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 01-29-18 at 11:24.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Purchased a DS1 MagCarrier back last Thrusday, it's here today, even with the holiday.

The shipping was fast and as expected, the quality feels amazing. Threw it on the moment I hit the house with he package.

Just in time before I switch out to a new Black Rhino Concealment holster as N82 doesn't offer one for the P07 or any light options.

Nonetheless, feels like really good stuff. Compatible with most double stack magazines and includes multiple spacers if they're needed to tighten the fit.

Just like the holster though, extremely comfy materials, the suede is nice and the entire assembly feels solid.

My only gripe: A Steel Clip. Their plastic clips were already perfect on their other models. I hate the idea of spring steel bending out and not bending back. So, that's my only concern at this point.

As mentioned will post pics when I can, otherwise I will be posting periodic updates over he next year (once every few months) to detail wear and tear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12