Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Hampshire Business Travels

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

New Hampshire Business Travels

Well,

After a recent promotion, I will be getting flown out to Manchester, NH for business purposes and wanted to ask a few questions:

1: What kind of sites are there, anything that I "must" see? Museums, restaurants, if you think I should go to somewhere, lemme know.

2: I know my conceal carry is not reciprocal there (Minnesota Resident CCW) but I am wondering if I can still check a firearm on the plane for bedside use? (I know the difficulties in claiming a firearm at the airports, but more so wondering if I can even bring a gun into the state; will be doing more research after this.)

3: Any places to avoid? I doubt NH has many "bad areas" but wondering if Traffic wise, risk wise, or other wise, there are areas I should be avoiding while out and about in the Manchester area.

Thanks ahead of time all!

ETA:
    Well, NH made it easy for that question: https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/...ng/faq.html#A2
    Last edited by HeruMew; 09-28-16 at 08:46.

Feedback Score

New Hampshire Business Travels

If you have time, check out the Sig Sauer pro shop in Epping. About an hour at most from Manchester.

I thought it was a great way to kill a few hours..

https://www.sigsaueracademy.com/facility/pro-shop

Take Care,

Buzz
    Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 09-28-16 at 10:45.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't really know of much to visit in NH besides the scenery, which is fantastic, but isn't' really anywhere close to the manchester area. If you have some time and can get away, mount washington is a good place to check out and there are alot of nice scenic drives along the Connecticut river valley.

As far as carry goes, for a state with the motto "live free or die" they sure place alot of restrictions on being free and armed.
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    You are flying into one of the places to avoid. The state is much nicer the farther north you go; Manchester and all points south have been assimilated into Massachusetts. Unless you are looking to go hiking, fishing, or hunting, there really isn't too much to do. Sig pro shop would be worth the ride.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcard600 View Post
    I don't really know of much to visit in NH besides the scenery, which is fantastic, but isn't' really anywhere close to the manchester area. If you have some time and can get away, mount washington is a good place to check out and there are alot of nice scenic drives along the Connecticut river valley.

As far as carry goes, for a state with the motto "live free or die" they sure place alot of restrictions on being free and armed.
    Will check it out and see how far away I am. Thankfully the rental is unlimited mileage, I don't mind paying for some fuel if it means getting a great day out of it. I will have a few days there, a couple evenings will be filled up I am sure, but I do plan on taking in the scenes and environment while I am there.

Nonetheless, I appreciate your reply.

The whole reciprocation thing was kind of a bummer when I went to look. But I know that the North-Eastern Pocket can be a little different on firearms.

Good news is, I can bring one in, to at least have at bedside and such. But otherwise I will not be able to carry in the state without a reciprocated CCW (which I won't be able to get within 11 days) or get a NH CCW, which isn't worth it.

Situational awareness it is, that's gunna be the best defense I will have out and about.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HotSuppa2C1H View Post
    You are flying into one of the places to avoid. The state is much nicer the farther north you go; Manchester and all points south have been assimilated into Massachusetts. Unless you are looking to go hiking, fishing, or hunting, there really isn't too much to do. Sig pro shop would be worth the ride.
    Sig Pro is in the state!? Dang! Will hafta check that out.

One thing I just realized, I have a connecting flight in O'Hare. FOPA should cover the problem and my luggage should never be returned to me (I remain in the same terminal once we land in Ohare) but that is something that just concerned me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Riley's GunShop and Shooters Outpost, both gun shops open to 6pm most days, are in Hooksett, NH, close to Manchester.

Best shop by far, is Cotes in Erroll ... but that's aways away, though you need to go through some unbelievably beautiful New England scenery to get there!

Feedback Score
    The beach areas around Portsmouth are nice this time of year as well, if you like NE style seashore.

And if you go through any small town and see a "'Town Name' House of Pizza", they used to have the BEST grinders (sub sandwiches). Hot roast beef and pastrami...yum!!!

Take Care,

Buzz

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty223 View Post
    Riley's GunShop and Shooters Outpost, both gun shops open to 6pm most days, are in Hooksett, NH, close to Manchester.

Best shop by far, is Cotes in Erroll ... but that's aways away, though you need to go through some unbelievably beautiful New England scenery to get there!
    Ironically, I am landing in Manchester, but Hooksett is my actual destination. Sounds like I will be checking them out too.

I will have to check out Erroll, sounds like it may be far, but if the scenery is dang good, may be a nice trip out that way (even if I don't go all the way) to find a good hiking spot/scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    The beach areas around Portsmouth are nice this time of year as well, if you like NE style seashore.

And if you go through any small town and see a "'Town Name' House of Pizza", they used to have the BEST grinders (sub sandwiches). Hot roast beef and pastrami...yum!!!

Take Care,

Buzz
    Never been in the NE part of the states, will get out to the beaches to check them out, at the very least. Pretty rare for a Minnesota Boy to get to a salt water coast.

Thanks for the tip on good food joints. With the company paying 40 bucks a day, and a free breakfast buffet at the Inn, I will make sure to get the most out of my meals when out.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 09-28-16 at 11:50.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Portsmouth area is neat. Beaches are crazy busy for a few summer months and then everyone just closes up shop.

In Ipswich there is a place called the clam box. clamboxipswich.com I went there the last few times I was up in the NE. Their Haddock is amazing! White, flaky fish. I am from Minnesota originally and nothing beats a good filet of walleye, but you really have to go to this place. Its kind of a hole in the wall, but the food is awesome. I didn't say healthy.. just awesome.
    Philippians 4:13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast