Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Hampshire Business Travels

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Sig, shooters outpost & Riley's are all worthwhile gun shop visits.

Good eats listed below:
    While stuck in Manchester...
    http://www.gauchosbraziliansteakhouse.com
    http://www.thecman.com/restaurants-a...n-concord.aspx

Sea coast...
    http://www.brownslobsterpound.com/index.php

Southwestern NH...
    https://www.facebook.com/sandwichmasterplus
    http://stuartandjohns.com
    Last edited by jandbj; 09-28-16 at 14:53.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The White Mountains are wonderful, Conway has the Cog Railway and many fine eateries.

Berlin New Hampshire which is in the far north of the state is said to be quite Charming.

If you have a chance visit the Lake District and Laconia.

You can open carry in New Hampshire without a permit, if your ccw permit is not reciprocal you may still be able to carry in your vehicle but check the laws.

New Hampshire has no state sales tax but there is a meal and rooms tax.

Concord is nice, but you might want to avoid Manchester and Nashua and the Southeastern part of the state as it has become a bedroom community for Massachusetts, with all of its attendant problems.

Keene, New Hampshire has one of the best Marksmanship ranges in the state, built to military specifications out to 600 yards.

Travel safe.

Diane

Diane
    Last edited by Valkyrie19; 09-28-16 at 15:01. Reason: Typo

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    The Lakes Region (basically all around Lake Winnipesaukee) are gorgeous, Im quite partial to the north side of the lake versus the south side (Wolfeboro in particular) - but that might just be because I live there :-)

As you go further north from Lake Winni it gets nicer and nicer in my opinion. As someone mentioned Mt Washington is quite the sight - it can be driven up in summer and its worth the trip...however if its even still open for driving it wont be much longer, winter comes early up on that mountain.

Just general driving around and sight seeing anything north of the mountains pretty much - North Conway is a nice little town with plenty of restaurants/shopping/whatnot. I do think Wolfeboro is worth a trip too. And theres also a small "cruise" ship on Lake Winni, its named The Mount Washington...they'll take you to the major ports around the Lake, including Meredith which is also nice. Again though I dont know how much longer theyre running...probably a few more weeks at least.

Just over the border into Maine in the southern part of the state is Kittery Trading Post too...good place to kill a few hours for sure.

Are you coming back frequently or is this just a one time thing? January-March or so is the best time to be up here in my opinion! Ice fishing, ice racing, snowmobiling, skiing/snowboarding...now we're talking!

EDIT: Just realized you're from Minnesota so the snow/ice sports probably wont do much for you
    Last edited by Blstr88; 10-01-16 at 11:45.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blstr88 View Post
    The Lakes Region (basically all around Lake Winnipesaukee) are gorgeous, Im quite partial to the north side of the lake versus the south side (Wolfeboro in particular) - but that might just be because I live there :-)

As you go further north from Lake Winni it gets nicer and nicer in my opinion. As someone mentioned Mt Washington is quite the sight - it can be driven up in summer and its worth the trip...however if its even still open for driving it wont be much longer, winter comes early up on that mountain.

Just general driving around and sight seeing anything north of the mountains pretty much - North Conway is a nice little town with plenty of restaurants/shopping/whatnot. I do think Wolfeboro is worth a trip too. And theres also a small "cruise" ship on Lake Winni, its named The Mount Washington...they'll take you to the major ports around the Lake, including Meredith which is also nice. Again though I dont know how much longer theyre running...probably a few more weeks at least.

Just over the border into Maine in the southern part of the state is Kittery Trading Post too...good place to kill a few hours for sure.

Are you coming back frequently or is this just a one time thing? January-March or so is the best time to be up here in my opinion! Ice fishing, ice racing, snowmobiling, skiing/snowboarding...now we're talking!

EDIT: Just realized you're from Minnesota so the snow/ice sports probably wont do much for you
    I grew up in the Lakes Region (Franklin) and we used to enter the ice fishing tournaments on Winnipesaukee. Loved that area growing up in the late 70's, early 80's. Weirs Beach arcades, all the local lake beaches, skiing Gunstock, Loon, Cannon, fall foliage, mudding on the skidder trails in my old Jeep. All the county fairs. Truly the good old days.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Wow!

The amount of suggestions and feedback I have received has been awesome!

I appreciate you all taking the time to direct a Minnesota boy to the good sights, eats, and places of the state.

This is a one time trip, mainly for training to acclimate to the style that team uses, and than I fly back to Minnesota. Will only be from Sunday thru Wedensday of next week, and the only time I will really have to adventure around is after my flight lands in NH on that sunday.

I may get some extra time to travel and such after working on the Monday and Tuesday, but not counting on it as I may be obligated to dinners with management and such.

Nonetheless, it will be a fun experience, I will try to get in as much as I can while there. Sounds like I will be getting there right as the trees hit their 80-100% marks of changing. Should be purty and perfect weather.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12