Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele rail mounted bayonet lug prototype

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)

Geissele rail mounted bayonet lug prototype

PROTOTYPE

This was showcased at a demo today, and as a prototype, it is bulkier and heavier than a production run would be.
    They said that they have only made two of them, mostly because Mr Geissele thought that they were cool, but that they doubted that there would be much interest.
    What do you guys think? Remember, a production version would be smaller, lighter, and likely QD.
    I'd actually like one. It would be perfect for my 15" rail.
    Last edited by masakari; 09-28-16 at 22:44.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Zombie apocalypse?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    There are Senior acquisition Officers that are dead set against free float rails due to the lack of a Bayonet lug. The M27 IAR was adopted in part because it has one! If equipping a Free Float rail with one of these will allow broader adoption by our Armed Services I'm all for it.

Velocitas, Opprimere,
    Violentia Operandi

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MOLON AABE View Post
    There are Senior acquisition Officers that are dead set against free float rails due to the lack of a Bayonet lug. The M27 IAR was adopted in part because it has one! If equipping a Free Float rail with one of these will allow broader adoption by our Armed Services I'm all for it.

Velocitas, Opprimere,
    Violentia Operandi
    Do you actually know that or is it just an assumption?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Lame. If a company is making an attachment for a cutting device that will join it to a FF rail, I expect nothing less than a gasoline powered accessory with an oscillating or rotating blade or chain.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is actually pretty cool. I wouldn't use it on my Ar but on my "liberal nightmare" sks it would be really slick. If you aren't familiar with NJ gun law, sks are banned with detachable mags so if you run a fixed mag then you can have pistol grips, folding stocks, flash hiders and a bayonet on a semi auto even tho those would normally be banned on an Ar type rifle

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Do you actually know that or is it just an assumption?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    An assumption based on my experience with the USMC's Institutional Inertia. The Marine Corps wanted to carbine stock M16A4s in part because close order Rifle Drill had to be modified with an M4.

Velocitas, Opprimere,
    Violentia Operandi

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Well some think it's cool, some think it's silly. It's not for me. And those that will want one will probably have to pony up $200 for one. It will probably be the coolest looking, most well built bayonet attachment so far on the market.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Free float rails, in my experience, are BARELY able to keep a BUIS zero. The idea that they can handle a bayo with any serious use is laughable. A good gimmick for ARFcom booger eaters though.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    This product would sell. I know, because I'd buy it. There are some rail systems out there that are strong enough for this.
    Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 09-29-16 at 21:41.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast