Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele rail mounted bayonet lug prototype

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Is that a joke like the Glock 1911 or is it for real? Nothing I'm interested in but whatever floats your boat I guess.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If this is real, and not April fools I put this product on the level of those little bayonets they sell to put on a pistol rail.

Stupid. I'm sure they're eating it up over on tos.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm holding out for the enhanced version that holds a Roman gladius.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I first thought this was a joke, and not a good one.

So... if it's serious.... no, no interest.

I would be more interested in a bayonet that mounts directly to a pic rail (or to MLOK) so avoiding a big and heavy adapter piece. But I see MarkM's comment and don't think I would actually use one.

Bayonets don't seem compatible with precision free-float rifles.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It would make more sense to make a weapon light that you could attach a bayonet to.
    Earth has always been a dangerous place to live, be prepared!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    First off, if this gets free float rails into the hands of Marines then its a win. I'm not sold on ditching the bayonet entirely for infantrymen and this essentially eliminates the trade off between full free float rail vs a bayonet lug on a traditional rifle. I'm also willing to bet that a Geissele rail would handle a bayonet no problem.
    And yes, I would buy one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Before everyone rips me apart, I love just about everything Geissele and have their triggers in every AR I own. I'm trying to take a logical approach to this item and this is what I've come up with.

I think this will be more of a novelty than anything. Being a prior service infantryman I think back to deployments where situations were up close and personal and the result was typically a hands on solution for the first man in the stack due to lack of range of motion with a long gun citing distance from the combatant. For example: breach and the combatant is sitting/standing right inside the door maybe off to one side or the other close enough to not be able to swing the rifle. That being said, I fully understand the requirements of fielding new parts in a service weapon and what criteria they must meet. So if Geissele is pushing for mainline contracts this is a good way to make it happen.

Don't get me wrong...there is definitely a use for a fixed blade on the modern battlefield, but IMO the bayonet concept is a trench warfare tactic in a CQB world. IMO save the money on new tools or accessories and provide a block of instruction for knife fighting for the standard infantryman, not just specialized units. I guarantee they would appreciate it more than the single day of bayonet training.

Feedback Score
    For an SBR without a long barrel sticking out, there's no real place to mount a bayonet except for on the rail, unless you have a custom made bayonet.

I remember 35 years ago when as a young invincible grunt, I was a whole different level of killer monster once we were given the order to "Fix Bayonets". I'm old, fat, and crippled now, but I'd still like the option to make the grass grow.
    Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 09-30-16 at 13:50.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Some of the free float tunes with 4 rails on them might be able to take a beating. Not sure how some of the light weight Mlok or Keymod types would hold up.

Why not make a bayonet that attached via a QD suppressor mount?

Also, when was the last time a US infantry unit used bayonets??

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BumbleBeeGIXXER View Post
    IMO the bayonet concept is a trench warfare tactic in a CQB world.
    And we just might be fighting a near peer competitor one day.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast