Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele rail mounted bayonet lug prototype

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    For an SBR without a long barrel sticking out, there's no real place to mount a bayonet except for on the rail, unless you have a custom made bayonet.

I remember 35 years ago when as a young invincible grunt, I was a whole different level of killer monster once we were given the order to "Fix Bayonets". I'm old, fat, and crippled now, but I'd still like the option to make the grass grow.

That's signature line material if I've ever seen it lol

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Some of you people don't read very well, or don't comprehend very well. This product isn't being marketed toward anyone posting in this thread, and G man can give exactly zero ****s if you would never buy it.

It's being marketed toward, as our latin buddy said, the USMC higher ups who refuse to ditch the bayonet.

My method would be a Kino/Dissipator type rifle with a fixed FSB and free float the rail that way. This would let you do close order drill, fix bayonets, and not have cheap ass rail mounted BUIS lose zero all the time. But I got out of the USMC so I could earn $$$, and they don't care what I think anymore.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Wasn't the OP kind of theorizing about "what if" this hit the market? Maybe not. And I don't know what Mr. G thinks about us here.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Some of you people don't read very well, or don't comprehend very well. This product isn't being marketed toward anyone posting in this thread, and G man can give exactly zero ****s if you would never buy it.

It's being marketed toward, as our latin buddy said, the USMC higher ups who refuse to ditch the bayonet.

My method would be a Kino/Dissipator type rifle with a fixed FSB and free float the rail that way. This would let you do close order drill, fix bayonets, and not have cheap ass rail mounted BUIS lose zero all the time. But I got out of the USMC so I could earn $$$, and they don't care what I think anymore.
    The Kino/Dissapator would work but they would have to adopt a different type of bayonet.

Velocitas, Opprimere,
    Violentia Operandi

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Correct, but that was my mistake. I didn't mean a literal diss/kino, essentially what they should use is a FF rail with a fixed FSB and just enough barrel to use the bayo.

It's unfortunate you have to make the guys at the top happy, when they are never going to be the dudes carrying this shit. But such is life.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Wasn't the OP kind of theorizing about "what if" this hit the market? Maybe not. And I don't know what Mr. G thinks about us here.
    The Geissele employees gave me the impression that though it was made to satisfy USMC rifle requirements, they would consider selling a lighter, smaller, possibly QD version if there was enough interest.
    Marines like stabby things, or at least the option.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Correct, but that was my mistake. I didn't mean a literal diss/kino, essentially what they should use is a FF rail with a fixed FSB and just enough barrel to use the bayo.

It's unfortunate you have to make the guys at the top happy, when they are never going to be the dudes carrying this shit. But such is life.
    Gotcha, it's the same old story. Some guy at the top picks what WILL be used. That's how we ended up with .30-06 in WW2 instead of .276 Pedersen.

Velocitas, Opprimere,
    Violentia Operandi

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I think the biggest issue is there is really no one set up that can truly cover the full range of what the fighting man, grunt, Marine, or other on the ground may needed depending on the AO, time of day, and opponent. it comes down to compromises and likelihoods that those who didn't get out to make money think will be needed. Sometimes they might be right, sometimes they might be wrong, sometimes they just gonna go with what cheapest and tell the men to make due. I trust we could all argue the merits of different gas systems for the AR for a week and not come to agreement, bayonets are the same.

I would tell them to market it, ****, I might buy one just because. I mean, I need a reason for another sharp object about as much as I need a reason for another gun or more ammo. If that ****ing pistol bayonet sells this should too. Hell, do a package deal with mount and bayonet.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I would be willing to bet Geissele is trying to sell this as part of the M4A1+ program. I have a lot of Geissele stuff and if he produced a really nice bayonet to go with it I would probably buy one just to piss off a liberal.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does anyone know what the rationale for keeping the bayonet in service as a rifle mounted accessory is ? When was the last bayonet charge, Korea ?
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast