Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Qualities experienced shooters look for in a can?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Thanks for posting your criteria. Can you elaborate on your personal experience on a couple cans that meet these values? Because I can apply this criteria to cans, but without real world experience on any of them it won't be as beneficial.
    For centerfire rifle:
    I have a couple Surefire Socom suppressors, Silencerco Omega and Sakers and Thunderbeast Arms Suppressors.

For MY needs, I perfer Surefire's QD mounts, lower blowback, and minimal POI shift for most uses. My TBAC suppressors are titanium and only used on bolt guns. I really like the modularity of SiCo cans, but it is another thing to worry about in regards to caps, bodies etc loosening up.

The Omega you already have in jail is an awesome suppressor. I currently am using one on my wife's 300blk SBR. A 6" (direct thread with flat end cap) 30 caliber suppressor, that is very quiet, is simply awesome. If you plan on doing mag dumps/full auto, then I would lean more towards the Saker. I use my Saker as a beater suppressor on my training AR, and to let friends/family borrow at the range.

I have no experience with the Dead Air or Rugged suppressors, but I would give them a look as well.

For 5.56 SBRs: blowback and the QD mount is very important for me. I like SF for those.
    For precision type DMR/SPR ARs: I prefer Surefire for the minimal POI shift, and accuracy has always been great.
    For modularity and overall value: Silencerco is hard to beat.

Definitely stick with the ASR mount vs Trifecta... I'm in the process of converting my Saker over to the ASR mounts.
    Last edited by domestique; 09-29-16 at 10:41.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Awesome stuff guys. I really appreciate it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12