Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Just Get an SBR", They Said. "It's Just $200," They Said

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    SBR makes more sense when you have a suppressor, as a full 16" or longer rifle gets unwieldy with a suppressor.

And the time to do it was last year when it was uber easy to do a Trust F1 from the comfort of your own home via eFile, sans fingerprints, photos, or rectal exam. Especially when your dealer is bending you over for $200 for that plust $200 for the stamp. All NFA transfers I've done (for suppressors) it's been $50.

Regardless of the cost, in a year or or 10 then extra $$$ will be long forgotten and IMO SBRs and suppressors are well worth it. Those who disagree usually haven't shot a weapon configured as such - because most people who do understand. But it's a free country...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Firearms, photography, Jeeps, motorhomes, computers, Battletech, camping, motorcycles, sports cars, pony cars, travel, raising children- all have turned out to be bigger money pits than I thought they'd be and I spent way more money than is prudent. Each was more fun than I thought it'd be as well, including raising my sons. I figure, why should getting into NFA be any different? I just wish I'd done it sooner when machineguns were still affordable and ammo cheap
    Last edited by MistWolf; 09-30-16 at 18:28.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I just wish I'd done it sooner when machineguns were still affordable and ammo cheap
    No time like the present. Seriously, if you ever want to have a machine gun, the time is now. The prices are only going up, up, up!
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    yeah, but now you have a cool gun.

being at the range, with people around, with a sig brace is like wearing tevas and a fanny pack to a night club

nobody wants to be that guy

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I think your dealer boned you with the high cost of the additional stuff. Why not Form 1 your pistol build?
    The cost of engraving from a place like Indent or Capitol Armory on a Form 1 brings the total to about $250-265.
    6933 is sweet though

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

"Just Get an SBR", They Said. "It's Just $200," They Said

I just went through this. Fingerprints for free at the Sheriff's Office. Photos free using IP photo app on my smart phone.

Don't get the big deal as to why you had to pay so much. I did all the work myself in about 30 minutes.

Also engraving here is about $30 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    Once that 6933 is in your hand, the cost & wait pain will be a faded memory.

Congrats on your purchase & welcome to the cool guys club.
    Wait- I'm cool now?!?

Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    being at the range, with people around, with a sig brace is like wearing tevas and a fanny pack to a night club

nobody wants to be that guy
    Ken Hackathorn was cool with it. But it may be because my shooting was so atrocious that day, he didn't notice the brace

Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    No time like the present. Seriously, if you ever want to have a machine gun, the time is now. The prices are only going up, up, up!
    I wish I could. But it's financially out of my reach at the moment. Maybe after I finish my book and it hits the Best Seller List

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    I think your dealer boned you with the high cost of the additional stuff. Why not Form 1 your pistol build?
    The cost of engraving from a place like Indent or Capitol Armory on a Form 1 brings the total to about $250-265.
    6933 is sweet though
    I think the extra fees were because I didn't buy the rifle directly from them. They have carried the 6933 in the past, but they haven't had one for close to a year and it was several hundred more than what G&R was asking. I'm keeping the pistol for the advantages it has. I have another lower that's been engraved but I've got to wait until I can afford the Sin Tax. The plan is to set it up as a suppressed SBR rimfire for the wife

I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Wait- I'm cool now?!?
    Well, maybe not quite yet. You've gotta get it approved & in your possession first. Then you'll be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    The real cost of NFA stuff is needing more after the first. So far you're still in the shallow end.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    Well, maybe not quite yet. You've gotta get it approved & in your possession first. Then you'll be cool.
    Whew! For a moment there, you had me worried

I am American

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast