Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody have a Wilson CQB?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Anybody have a Wilson CQB?

My Kimber "series none" has treated me well but I want to move up.

What are your thoughts? I want a good "combat" 1911 that is both accurate and reliable. Maybe a Les Baer or Rock River?

Feedback Score
    My CQB is a wonderful gun, Im now looking at a Springfield Operator model (loaded full size mc operator) for the money and as a carry gun I want something other than my blk on blk CQB which new, now would cost about $2500 to replace vs. the Springfield for 1300 nib. Either way the CQB is an outstanding gun, and very smooth.

Or there is the 1911A1 Loaded TRP for about $1700. Just some food for thought.

Feedback Score
    I didn't care for the 30LPI checkering of the Wilson CQB or a Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special. I know you can spec the Wilson anyway you want, but it takes a number of weeks to receive the finished product. I found a dealer with two Ed Browns and A Baer TRS. I went with the Ed Browns in stock, a Special Forces Model and a Stainless Kobra. I liked them better because they didn't use the checkering which irritates my skin. Perhaps I have dish pan hands

I believe you might be getting a fine piece with a TRP, but the Baer TRS may be a better value at not much more. There are a coupla other Baers in a similar price range as the Thunder Ranch.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usaffarmer View Post
    Or there is the 1911A1 Loaded TRP for about $1700. Just some food for thought.
    Thanks for the suggestion but for that kind of money there are better guns in my opinion - Les Baer TRS, Rock River Basic Carry for example. This gun is not going to be my every day carry but a range gun.

Feedback Score
    You can't go wrong with a CQB. Price increases may leave doubt in some people's mind, but for me the customer service you get is unparalleled. I consider them a model for the industry. Call them if you have doubts.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The Baer TRC is a great carry 1911 plus it comes in HC so it is very durable. Here is a pic with a 10-8 rear and lamp up front. If you want a black 1911 you can get it Bear coated instead of HC.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    The Baer TRC is a great carry 1911 plus it comes in HC so it is very durable. Here is a pic with a 10-8 rear and lamp up front. If you want a black 1911 you can get it Bear coated instead of HC.

Or Ionbonded

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have a CQB and a "Special Forces" - Rob S compared them in a post around here somewhere. You might want to search for it. His conclusions about matched mine. Either one, IMO, is quite a step up from a Kimber.

M_P

Feedback Score
    Have a CQB Elite and a CQB Compact and love them both.
    I will probably buy another next year. And it will be a bare bones Wilson CQB.

Highly recommended.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I have one and it is simply fantastic.

C4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast