Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do in Gatlinburg, Tennessee?

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)

What to do in Gatlinburg, Tennessee?

Where are all the Tennessee members at?

A lady friend wants to go to Gatlinburg at the end of Oct or beginning of Nov. What is there to do there as far as shooting, hiking, off-roading, must see/do's?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endur View Post
    Where are all the Tennessee members at?

A lady friend wants to go to Gatlinburg at the end of Oct or beginning of Nov. What is there to do there as far as shooting, hiking, off-roading, must see/do's?
    Gatlinburg is very tourist oriented, so everything that comes with that is there (high prices, crowds.) There is a lot of places in Smoky Mountain National Park to hike and there are some historical buildings that are pretty neat. If you are driving, stop a night or 3 in Nashville. That is the place to go in Tennessee
    DPMS 16" Carbine- NcStar scope, UTG Rails, MagLite hose clamped to barrel | S&W Sigma | HiPoint 9mm | Lorcin 9mm | Jennings .22| Stevens 12 Ga

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not in Gatlinburg, but Sevierville, is Buds Guns with an indoor range. It is near Smoky Mountain Knife Works.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Buds Guns and Smoky Mountain Knife Works are both good stops. There's a Bass Pro in Sevierville as well. The Smoky Mountain National Park has tons of outdoor recreation available. I'd recommend heading to Cade's Cove and driving the loop. There's a lot of history there. The views are also great, and there's tons of wildlife to be seen. I'll be there in a few weeks myself. We take a camping trip up to Cade's Cove every year. The hike to Avery Creek Falls, which starts about halfway around the Cade's Cove loop, is a nice out and back 5 mile hike. I haven't driven it, but apparently driving along the Roaring Fork at Gatlinburg offers some great views.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Thanks. Are these off-road trails or on-road?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Cades Cove is paved, all the trails in the park on hiking only. There are some gravel roads in the park, but I wouldn't consider them off roading by any means. Roaring Forks is at the edge of Gatlinburg and is also paved.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Abrams Creek/Falls is the trail at the back of Cade's Cove.

The time that you are planning your trip is going to be very crowded. If you go to Cade's Cove expect bumper to bumper traffic around the loop with long stops because everyone wants to see a deer or a bear and they don't mind blocking traffic to do it. The Cove is a beautiful place and worth the hassle if you've never been there. (Take snacks and drinks)

Go to Clingmans Dome.

Feedback Score
    If you're into outdoors, you will love Smoky Mountain National Park. The natural beauty is amazing. We saw bears just while driving through the park. Find some off the beaten path trail and have fun. Crowds are considerable during peak times of day and at the "main" attractions, but the smaller trails are much more isolated and equally beautiful. We fly fished when we visited but will not repeat that. Tons of work for things just a little bigger than guppies. Not a crowd pleaser, at least in our group. In other news, I think the Gatlinburg area has the highest pancake house per capita in the world! Have fun!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Went last year with my wife in early November...rented a cabin and stayed away from the touristy stuff. Mostly did some hiking and hit some of the vehicle loops. I think it was out of cases cove that we took a one lane directional dirt road that was one of the original access roads. If you look you can find some decent stuff like that to get away from the crouds but definitely was not off roading. Chimney tops was a pretty sweet hike, short but the views from on top were amazing. Get to that trail early though bc it gets packed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Thanks for all the input men.

Are there no off road trails around there?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast