Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Footwear of Choice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Footwear of Choice

Forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong section, but I am interested in learning what your preferred footwear of choice is for classes (carbine/handgun). From what I have gathered, Salomon's seem to be a pretty popular choice as of late. Are Oakley LSA's still worth considering?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Red Wing work boots at work.
    Lowa boots nearly everywhere else.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd say whatever comfortable, closed-toe shoes or boots you'd normally wear hiking or to a day on the range (taking into account the season) are just fine.

I either wear sneakers or hiking boots.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I alternate between a pair of salomon forces jungle ultras for everything hot weather or just around, and a pair of 4d gtx forces when I have to go over rough terrain like afghan mountains. Only thing I would change is the goretex in the 4d's, idk how dudes managed to wear them every day. The jungle ultras are fantastic boots if you don't need a ton of support and aren't rucking a ton of weight.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenhelmet View Post
    I'd say whatever comfortable, closed-toe shoes or boots you'd normally wear hiking or to a day on the range (taking into account the season) are just fine.

I either wear sneakers or hiking boots.
    5.11 8'' ATAC Coyote Boots are my daily boots and I love them. Ran them hard for work and outdoor stuff
    http://www.511tactical.com/atac-8-coyote-boot.html
    The Taclite 6'' Boots seem to be a a more "sporty" version that you might wanna check out.
    http://www.511tactical.com/taclite-6-coyote-boot.html
    Hope this help out!
    - Mike

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Another plug for Lowa Zephers, my first pair is 5 years old and still rocking. I use them as daily wear, bought a second pair this only for a different color.
    [I]Life is Hard, It is even Harder if You are Stupid.
    John Wayne[/I]

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Not sure if I posted it, but their new Coyote Zephyrs are solid. Looks pretty good for 670-1.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Not sure if I posted it, but their new Coyote Zephyrs are solid. Looks pretty good for 670-1.
    Wake,
    you're referring to the GTX Hi TF boot? I like the mids, they do look like a very high quality boot. The soles on those boots look practically indestructible.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I love my salomon speed cross 3s. I also wear Oakley 8" assault boots or Oakley LSA boots . I'll wear either of the three to shoot or tram in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am trying a pair of Nike jungle boots. They are breaking in okay. Still not as comfortable as my old desert tan jungles.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast