Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Footwear of Choice

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    Original SWAT Classic 6" in tan, from what ever reason they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever had.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I have some Altima Light Speed boots I bought years ago that work great. NO insulation, but designed for pavement pounding. Living in the urban cessmaze, if it all went to hell in a handbag, that's what I'D switch to.

Seeing as how I wear a coat & tie every day, maybe I oughta run a course in that, with Florsheims or Cole-Hahn loafers. Because if the flag ever goes up, that's PROBABLY what I'll have on at the moment.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    I have been wearing Oboz shoes for the las 18 months or so. I am impressed.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Salomon XA Mid GTX. They replaced Reebok First Responder Mids that I'd previously been hooked on. Lighter, comfier, and better support.

Feedback Score
    Crocs with socks...

But seriously, i’ve Been happy with my mid Merrill’s, but I’m looking for something with a bit more ankle support. Any suggestions, especially that runs bit wider?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Merrel MOABs
    Hey DUDE slippies
    Chuck T All Stars
    Salomon XA Forces Mids when I was chasing felons
    CAT full leather 8" oil resistant sole for construction work
    Last edited by noonesshowmonkey; 07-11-19 at 14:16. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Garmont T8 for anything duty related
    Salomon Mid 3s for hiking/range use
    Nike Metcons for workouts/daily use
    Brooks GTS 15s for running

I have a couple of pairs of custom insoles made each year through the VA, but the closest over the counter I've found that matches their profile are the green Superfeet. My Brooks and Garmonts have the custom insoles, the Metcons and Salomons wear Superfeet.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    I just got the Goruck MACV-1s. Hoooooollllyyyy shit!!!!!!! The first boots in 20 years that don’t hurt!!! Sizing is a little tough because I have high volume feet but comfortable as slippers with orthotics. I love these boots. Well done Jason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Footwear of Choice

Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    I'll look into them. I've really heard good stuff about almost all of REI's gear. I think Merrell's QC dropped after they were sold. At least that's my speculation. I have the Salomon 4D Quest GTX and they are great boots, but not for everyday in the world I live in. The best pair of tactical boots I've ever owned (so far) are Belleville Range Runners. They are unequivocally the most comfortable, lightweight tactical boot, my ol' Army-abused dawgs have had the pleasure of wearing. I can't speak to the durability yet as I've only had them about 2 months, but exaawwqqqqverything so far is outstanding. Fitment, arch support, ankle support, breathability, quick lace-up, and no break-in period. The sole is aggressive and it probably won't win any beauty awards, but I'm cool with that.

Here's a link to Shamazon where I bought them if you want to take a look. Belleville Tactical Research Range Runner
    Thought I’d update my boot sitchee-way-shun.

Merrill Moab Mids -literally falling to pieces. Will never buy another pair of Moab’s.

Belleville Tactical Research - These boots have given me a good run for the money, but are finally separating at the toe of one boot. The other boot is holding up. Tread has held up well, although the bulk of wear had been off/asphalt. The sticky, gooey calchi clay is tough to contend with and hard on boots I think.

Salomon Forces Quest 4D GTX
    “The best damn tactical boot I have ever owned.” I think of three more as “winter boots”. I’ve worn them comfortably in some pretty cool wx, down in the teens and in icy sleet while it shooting for several hours. I’ve also worn them in some of the hottest Texas summer days for 12-14 hours and my feet have done ok, but there are other boots I prefer wearing in the summer. These boots are worth every penny, especially if you can pick up during one of Salomon’s or TacticalGear.com’s sales. US Elite will also run some pretty good sales on Salomon’s. If I needed to be in a boot all day in a crappy environment - rocky, muddy, uneven terrain, and cold/wet - I would want be in these boots.

[B]Salomon Speed Assault[/ ] If I had to pick a boot to sleep on, shower in, spend the rest of my life in - it would probably be in Salomon Speed Assaults. These boots are super comfortable, very breathable and for boots are ridiculously light, wear great on your foot and have a pretty amazing sole, excellent traction grip-wise. They have speed laces with some kind of super strong lace (Kevlar?) that has an discrete pocket on the tongue and allows you to tuck the remaining boot lace inside so that’s it’s out of the way. I’ve worn these out in the field training, and I’ve worn them 16-20 hours a day stomping through airports across the country with a 50+lb ruck and my feet/ankles/knees not raise complete and utter hell with me They dry super quickly, and as mentioned are very breathable and lightweight so that bears some consideration in cold weather environments. As far as my experience these make for a great summer weight boot, but that said, I have worn these through Texas winters (which ain’t saying much) and through a winter in Arkansas and Boston. They are not going to keep your feet “gore-Tex dry”, nor are they meant to, because they are extremely breathable boots, but my feet did manage to do ok in those cold environments, because I kept them dry, and was careful in the snow so I didn’t get them soaked And I practiced safe socks. (Changing socks when wet etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 07-13-19 at 03:09.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Salomon XA Forces for duty/range work.

For me, they are the most comfortable and balanced boot I have ever used. I can run and jump without having that feeling that I have blocks on the bottom of my feet.

These boots made me hate those clunky Danners and are a a good step up in durability from the Oakleys I had.

They also came with orthopedic inserts which took some breaking in but seem to mesh with my feet very nicely now.

I will be buying a second pair in black for uniform work.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast