Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Footwear of Choice

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Lots of Merrell variants, and a few select Keens. Good stuff.
    I have had several pairs of both Merrell's and Keen's hikers. I prefer the Keen's and will probably pick up a pair before winter.

I wanted a lightweight boot with better ankle support so went with the Nike jungle boot. So far, I am pleased with them. So much so that I expect to get a second pair in the near future.

Feedback Score
    At work I wear the Salomon XA pro's, and outside of work, I wear Keens. I have a strange work schedule. I work 12 hour days 7 days a week, then I have a week off. I've been impressed with the Salomon's. They are very comfortable, and keep me dry. The Keens are also very comfortable. Not too long ago, I wore them out to Yellowstone for a few days of hiking, and they held up great.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewell View Post
    I have a strange work schedule. I work 12 hour days 7 days a week, then I have a week off.
    That is not strange, that is awesome!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    XA Pro's, I regret getting the Gore-Tex version. They don't breath at all and my feet sweat too much after minutes wearing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    That is not strange, that is awesome!
    I agree, it is awesome. It just seems that whenever I tell people that, they look at me like it's weird.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Artifact View Post
    XA Pro's, I regret getting the Gore-Tex version. They don't breath at all and my feet sweat too much after minutes wearing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I went with the Gore-Tex also, but haven't had much of a problem with sweaty feet. I guess what works for some doesn't work for all.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    I love my Lowa Zephyr's. They are the GTX beige/brown version so they do not look oober tactical but still blend well. I use them to hike/ruck. They are extremely comfortable and my feet do not burn up in them even in 90+ degree w/ high humidity. They are far better than the Renegades I have. Everyday wear though I wear Chippewa 20080's and 20028's. When lazy I put on one of my NB gym shoes.

Feedback Score
    I'll hop on the salomon bandwagon, especially their trail runners. For mid-height footwear, Merrell's seem to give me better all-day comfort, YMMV.
    "We are told that the pen is mightier than the sword, but I know which of these weapons I would choose" - Sir Carton de Wiert, VC

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Merrell Sawtooths are hands down my favorite boots.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Granted I've only had these for a couple of months but the adidas outdoor terex swift mids have quickly become my new go to.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast