Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Footwear of Choice

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewell View Post
    At work I wear the Salomon XA pro's...
    Do you think those quick lace systems will hold up with the life of the shoe?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Kenetrek Hardscrabble Hikers.

No other boots on this planet can compare to the comfort and durability of these boots. I've worn Lowa's, Vasque, Salomon, La Sportiva, Danner, handmade Limmers, Alico, Asolo, you name it. I put hundreds and hundreds of miles in every year hiking and teaching Search&Rescue, Rope Rescue, and all kinds of wilderness classes. No other boot can compare to Kenetrek. They're pricy, but well worth it. I hike in em, hunt in em, train in em, work in em.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I have a few different pair of Solomons but the Quest 4D GTX when I need ankle support or its raining heavily and the XA Pro 3D in summertime or when ankle support isn't that important.
    Last edited by bighawk; 10-09-16 at 04:48.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by f.2 View Post
    I've have worn both pairs of shoes out before the lacing system wore out on either. I wore it out on one pair by constantly adjusting and loosening. But the shoes were at life's end too so was not big deal.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a camo pair that is well beyond the magic 500-mile mark, mostly trail runs and hiking Forest Service land, and wear a black pair at work that I picked up at LA Police Gear for $79. Laces havent been an issue with either, the elastic pocket on the tongue of the shoe is worn out on the 500 mile pair.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang77 View Post
    Kenetrek Hardscrabble Hikers.

No other boots on this planet can compare to the comfort and durability of these boots. I've worn Lowa's, Vasque, Salomon, La Sportiva, Danner, handmade Limmers, Alico, Asolo, you name it. I put hundreds and hundreds of miles in every year hiking and teaching Search&Rescue, Rope Rescue, and all kinds of wilderness classes. No other boot can compare to Kenetrek. They're pricy, but well worth it. I hike in em, hunt in em, train in em, work in em.
    Can they be resoled?

I have a pair of Chippewa Mountain Hikers (back in the day they were SF Mountain boots) that are 30 years old and been resoled numerous times and it is a pain in the rear to find felt insoles for them. I'd be interested in those as a potential replacement - my black boot days are long gone.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 10-08-16 at 10:48.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    26inf

Yes sir. They can be re-soled. They are Italian made but distributed out of Bozeman, MT, where their NA repair shop is as well. My original pair is on the third set of soles. They can also replace the rubber rand if it's needed. Once you put a pair on, you'll wonder why you ever tried any other brand.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    It was a legit concern of mine to begin with but I've got a lot of miles on mine with the quick lace and they are tough as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I used to just wear my old issued boots because I have many pairs. Since they aren't great for running, I looked into lighter boots with running soles. I decided on the Belleville One Xero 320 in Coyote Brown. Lightweight, very comfortable, great for running, and most importantly durable as they've held up to nearly a year of daily wear in all kinds of terrain.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 48J View Post
    I have had several pairs of both Merrell's and Keen's hikers. I prefer the Keen's and will probably pick up a pair before winter.
    Curious which Keen model.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast