Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Footwear of Choice

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Salomon XA pros non gortex. Laces have held up for a few years so far. I shoot in them but don't wear them every day.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Reebok First Responders Mids. Side zip, wide sizes and comfortable arch support.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Lots of Merrell variants, and a few select Keens. Good stuff.
    I have worn both brands and I personally prefer Keen over Merrell. Keen makes a Made in US line which is appealing. I have cold weather boots and a pair of trail shoes from Keen right now and both are very comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have been wearing Merrells for years. I almost switched but, I did not like how the more expensive shoe felt when I moved.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I like my Salomon XA pro 3D GTX and Keens....................... FWIW
    Regards,
    Ranger325

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by f.2 View Post
    Do you think those quick lace systems will hold up with the life of the shoe?
    They're seem to be doing well so far.

Feedback Score
    lowa zephyr mid. no goretex. awesome boots. light like sneakers but offer plenty of support.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am not a one size fits all type... it all depends on weather and activity so I have a number of choices.

Summer, running around I have speedcross 3's
    Rucking, Salomon Quest GTX
    Winter hunting, Kenetrek 400 gram insulated boots.

Working around the yard I still have my Belleville steel toe issues from 20 years ago.
    Last edited by soulezoo; 10-10-16 at 12:06. Reason: typo

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Just my personal experience, but I've been wearing some variant of Merell Moab since about 2010-2011 now. If I could get away with it, that's all I'd wear. I'll be following this thread to see if there would anything better.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)

RE: Moabs.

I wore them almost exclusively while living in Alaska and over my first two deployments. Changed to Salomons towards the middle of my third deployment.

This is my seventh pair of Moabs, and I noticed a substantial drop in their life cycle around mid-2013. I've averaged 500-600 miles of hiking from around 6-8 months of daily wear before before the sole starts to separate. This pair was purchased before my last deployment and only made it 5 months before this started to happen. I just keep Shoe Goo on hand and patch the soles as needed, but I have consistently had the soles separate at the tongue and inside heel. My last three pairs have all blown out in those areas.

Everyone's different with how hard they beat their feet, but the quality of the Moabs became too poor for me to keep dropping the money for them, even if it was the Promotive price.

The Salomons I'm wearing right now have 7 months and a few weekend-long backpacking trips trough Pisgah and weekly rucks through Sweetwater in addition to being my off-duty boots. They're holding up great, and I'll definitely buy another pair whenever these shit the bed.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast