Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Armscor 62gr Bonded SP, who's bullet?

Feedback Score

Armscor 62gr Bonded SP, who's bullet?

Greetings,

In my never ending quest for cheap AND effective ammo I have come across this Armscor USA 62gr Bonded SP (Part #AC223-4N). Does anyone know who's bullet that is; or has anyone tested it in gel?

I know that there was some issue in the past with Armscor quality, but my understanding is that was the non USA stuff.

I'm curious about it because it's about half the price of MSR 62gr.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)

Armscor 62gr Bonded SP, who's bullet?

The same guy who owned and ran BVAC here in Montana owns and runs the Armscor plant here in Montana. There were significant issues with BVAC's .223 ammo which lead to several AR15's blowing up locally. Mostly poor or no crimping bullet crimping. I found some to be so loose in the case I could push the bullet into the case with my finger.

If you're looking for cheap ammo I'd recommend looking elsewhere, or paying a little extra for some peace of mind. Freedom Munitions is a pretty safe bet on the price-to-quality scale. I wouldn't trust anything ammo, even plinking ammo, with the Armscor name.

In regards to your question about the bullet itself, I have no idea.
    Last edited by operator81; 10-08-16 at 11:15.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply and the valuable information. I was interested for obvious reasons, a cheap bonded SP which could do double duty in a pinch.

I know and love Freedom Munitions, I shoot thousands of their 9mm 124gr Xtreme for practice, training and competition; I just don't know their 223 well and we have tax on them here in TX, increasing the price. I'll order a couple boxes of their 60-62gr and run them.

This whole search is all the fault of my new labRadar, which let me know my trusty 75gr Hornady's were only running ~2290 out of the 11.5SBR, while 62gr Fusion MSR runs ~2550 and 64gr GD runs ~2510.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robtx View Post
    Greetings,

In my never ending quest for cheap AND effective ammo I have come across this Armscor USA 62gr Bonded SP (Part #AC223-4N). Does anyone know who's bullet that is; or has anyone tested it in gel?

I know that there was some issue in the past with Armscor quality, but my understanding is that was the non USA stuff.

I'm curious about it because it's about half the price of MSR 62gr.
    What is the purpose of the ammo?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    I can't speak to their loaded ammunition but their 55gr FMJ bullets are some of the worst that I've used. Simply put, its not an accurate bullet. Pricing is good but the QC will keep me away from their rifle bullets for reloading. I haven't had an issue with their pistol bullets for reloading. Caveat Emptor.

Feedback Score
    What is the purpose of the ammo?
    Well, if it is cheap, accurate (that meets the needs for plinking, class and some 2gun fun matches) and performs well on light/medium varmints (SHTF)...then all around. I thought I might have found the Unicorn round for my SBR.
    Last edited by robtx; 10-08-16 at 17:11.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Since you like Fusion (I do too) watch for it on sale at PSA. I've bought it as cheap as $6.99 a box.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robtx View Post
    Well, if it is cheap, accurate (that meets the needs for plinking, class and some 2gun fun matches) and performs well on light/medium varmints (SHTF)...then all around. I thought I might have found the Unicorn round for my SBR.
    "Cheap accurate and performs well" typically are not found in the same sentence.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    I know and love Freedom Munitions, I shoot thousands of their 9mm 124gr Xtreme for practice, training and competition; I just don't know their 223 well and we have tax on them here in TX, increasing the price. I'll order a couple boxes of their 60-62gr and run them.
    I have shot a box of their 60 gr. pointed soft point ammo and it was pretty accurate out of my rifle. I normally shoot their 77 gr. loadings which have been very accurate.
    Paranoia is more than a personality trait, it's a survival skill.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    "Cheap accurate and performs well" typically are not found in the same sentence.
    Exactly, that's why I was somewhat excited at maybe finding a Unicorn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast