Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Armscor 62gr Bonded SP, who's bullet?

Feedback Score
    Deleted
    Last edited by bfoosh006; 08-29-17 at 19:05.

Feedback Score
    I read on a site that was selling the ammo, that, Armscor (USA) is using the 62 gr. Federal Fusion bullet. I promptly bought up four hundred rounds, and, have been chewing my way thru it. It's accuracy is not stellar out of my PSA, but, plenty good enough for range use. (The range I use is 100 yards.) I cannot speak to it's accuracy beyond 100 yards, though.
    Last edited by Mike U.; 10-24-16 at 22:39.

Feedback Score
    I ended up going where this was always going, bought a pound of 8208 XBR today. I -really- wanted to have 5.56 to be like my 9mm and just buy ammo.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by operator81 View Post
    The same guy who owned and ran BVAC here in Montana owns and runs the Armscor plant here in Montana. There were significant issues with BVAC's .223 ammo which lead to several AR15's blowing up locally. Mostly poor or no crimping bullet crimping. I found some to be so loose in the case I could push the bullet into the case with my finger.

If you're looking for cheap ammo I'd recommend looking elsewhere, or paying a little extra for some peace of mind. Freedom Munitions is a pretty safe bet on the price-to-quality scale. I wouldn't trust anything ammo, even plinking ammo, with the Armscor name.

In regards to your question about the bullet itself, I have no idea.
    If you want to be accurate, Darrin sold BVAC years ago. The QC problems occurred after Darrin was well clear. IMO, BVAC went bellyup because of the management practices of the group that bought Darrin out. Their ammo (ARMSCOR USA) is the only loaded 55gr .223 that I buy in bulk. Their 55gr groups around 2MOA for me at 200 yards from over the bag on a bench - Burris AR322 - 18inch Fluted Stainless Green Mountain Barrel, .223 Wylde, on a calm day. Not stellar, but good enough.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 10-25-16 at 23:10.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)

Armscor 62gr Bonded SP, who's bullet?

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    If you want to be accurate, Darrin sold BVAC years ago. The QC problems occurred after Darrin was well clear. IMO, BVAC went bellyup because of the management practices of the group that bought Darrin out. Their ammo (ARMSCOR USA) is the only loaded 55gr .223 that I buy in bulk. Their 55gr groups around 2MOA for me at 200 yards from over the bag on a bench - Burris AR322 - 18inch Fluted Stainless Green Mountain Barrel, .223 Wylde, on a calm day. Not stellar, but good enough.
    You need to reread my opening sentence. I was accurate. Darren, who "owned" BVAC now owns and operates ACI (Armscor). I've been around him locally since he owned and operated BVAC, whilst having massive QC issues. I watched BVAC go under after he sold and I watched him come back to the same area peddling crappy ammunition under the ACI flag. If his ammo shoots good for you then enjoy. Just watch out for poor neck tension and kabooms.
    Last edited by operator81; 11-02-16 at 01:37.

Feedback Score
    Is there any relationship between Armscor, BVAC, and HSM? I had the same neck tension issues with their ammo years ago.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    HSM is safe and not affiliated with BVAC and ACI. ACI is owned and operated by the same person who owned and operated BVAC when they were having their quality control issues. The only thing that changed with BVAC was their name to ACI, and their location moved about 4 miles.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Operator, good to know as there is plenty of HSM ammo around my area.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12