Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint vs. Trijicon

Feedback Score

Aimpoint vs. Trijicon

OK, I'm the new owner of a SW MP15, its completely railed out and im ready to do some mods. What is the best optic for general target shooting. I want something that can be used at varying distances not just close in. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Trijicon Accupoint TR21 in a LT SPR-E mount is something you might want to consider.

Aimpoints are nice. Good for large targets out to 300m, but if you also want to shoot groups on paper 1-4x scopes are nice.

you cant move & shoot with them quite like an Aimpoint, but they can certainly get the job done.

Feedback Score
    My vote goes to Trijicon.

Feedback Score
    appreciate the help take it easy

Feedback Score
    Well im doing some more research and have seen a significant price difference. Aimpoint generally around 400$ and Trij =1000 and up. Is it still possible to group shots at 3-400 yards with the aimpoint? Aimpoint seems a little more versatile. Looking at Comp ml3

Feedback Score
    I just took the plunge on a Trijicon TX30 "TriPower". Seems like a good cross between an ACOG and an Aimpoint.

Everything about the Aimpoint appeals to me, other than the reticle. I don't dig the reticle. I also like the Triji's, due to the fact that the scope won't be worthless if my rifle and I survive nuclear armageddon...

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Watch www.downrange.tv/show2 video clips Part 2 and 3.

S/F

Feedback Score
    I'd like to do an SBR with the T1. I don't want a full-sized combat optic on a pint-sized plinker.

Those videos are the heat. Any Trijicon vids on DRTV?

Feedback Score
    i have a Micro on a 14.5" AR and it is the best red dot i've ever used. now i want another Micro for my shotgun.

i have a ML3 too, and i like it, the canteliever mount makes it a bit better for magnifier purposes, but you can put a multiplier behind a Mirco as well, its just harder to get it out in front as far as you can with the M2/M3's depending on your choice of mounts. Also, the Micros only come w/a 4MOA dot, which isn't quite as good when magnified. still workable, just not optimal.

you won't go wrong with Aimpoint, nor will you go wrong with Trijicon...it just depends on what you want to do with your weapon and your preferences.

"buy both" as they say.

FJB, are we ever going to see a 2MOA Micro come down the pipe?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast