Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SilencerCo Omega vs. Sig SRD 7.62TI QD.

Feedback Score

SilencerCo Omega vs. Sig SRD 7.62TI QD.

Title says it all. A local dealer has both at a great price and they are within $50 of one another (yes I know free brake with the Sico) but I can only have one. Would be for a 16in AR (so blowback is important) and 20in bolt gun in 6.5CM.

Omega has the potential to be lighter and shorter, Sig has much greater internal volume and supposedly less blowback.

Which would you get and why for my situation?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The brake and method of attaching is impressive. But know the Sig have the fattest cans on the market. It does not bother me but they are a little chubby. I have 3 Sig cans and a variety of others. Both companies are solid and I believe it's going to be a personal preference.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Having both personally and what you listed as the items you want to suppress... I vote Omega for simply the versatile of the silencer. I would go QD on the AR and direct thread on the bolt...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Omega usually comes with a quick release end cap and a direct thread end cap, both for a 308 rifle. You will have to pay extra for a 5.56 end cap. It also does not come with a flat muzzle cap. If you want to go with a flat cap to shorten the Omega, it will be extra. You may be able to order an Omega with the caps you want included
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    I think SiCo are still doing the free muzzle device with registration of Omegas, which is how I'll get the 5.56 brake. If not I'll just buy one. I know I will need to buy the end caps too. On that note for the Omega, what is the lightest/shortest QD combo possible (including mount and using TI parts)?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Potss View Post
    I think SiCo are still doing the free muzzle device with registration of Omegas, which is how I'll get the 5.56 brake. If not I'll just buy one. I know I will need to buy the end caps too. On that note for the Omega, what is the lightest/shortest QD combo possible (including mount and using TI parts)?
    The Omega with the ASR mount and SiCo 556 flat end cap is 15.2 oz and about 6 7/8" in length if you count part of the mount that is past the lock ring. It's 14.6 oz with a Ti 556 flat end cap.

Feedback Score
    I thought the Omega was 16.5oz with the QD module

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    ASR mount + Omega + Anchor brake = 15.2 ounces according to my scale. The anchor brake despite how it looks is the same weight as the SiCo 556 flat cap. Both weigh in at 1.4 oz on my postal scale.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Do you own any other cans or is this your first?

What calibers will you be shooting with it? I read your op I am just fishing for more.

What is you list of priorities; weight, db, durability....

FYI - Sig QD comes with a break.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Potss View Post
    I think it's either a T-Shirt or silencer pouch. No more muzzle device offer AFAIK.

As other pointed out, the Omega brake and flat end cap weigh the same - The ASR and flat end cap is what you're looking for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast