Thread: Odd ccw situation

Feedback Score

Odd ccw situation

I have an OH ccw about to expire. I got an out of state PA liscence to carry last year. Since then, both states changed reciprocity and now honor the others liscence.

The kicker is I'm moving to PA next month and my OH ccw expires between now and then.

Once it expires, will I still be legal with the PA liscence which is still in date? Is the PA liscence now valid in OH?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I live in PA (Philly burbs) but can not answer your question with certainty. I "believe" our previous AG (who was indicted and forced to resign) made it a requirement to have a valid CCW permit from your home state before they would issue an out of state LTCF (that's what they are called in PA). I don't know if it invalidates your PA LTCF if your OH CCW expires. To be safe you may just want to renew your OH CCW, or ask here.

http://forum.pafoa.org/

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I'm not going to renew for 30 days, worst case I go without a pistol until I can rush my new liscence through. After I get first months utility bills I'll have all the requirements for residency and will apply for a pa carry liscence as soon as I get my drivers liscence.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    PA will not honor any CCW unless you possess a driver's license or state issued ID card from the same state as the CCW was issued. So your PA CCW with your Ohio Driver's license is a no go (yes, even in PA). If you are moving to PA soon, your PA CCW will be valid as soon as you possess a PA Driver's license.
    Last edited by CoryCop25; 10-15-16 at 21:35.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Thanks. I'm not going to renew for 30 days, worst case I go without a pistol until I can rush my new liscence through. After I get first months utility bills I'll have all the requirements for residency and will apply for a pa carry liscence as soon as I get my drivers liscence.
    Understood. Just be careful transporting firearms in PA without an LTCF. You will have to transport all if them locked in the trunk, and unloaded, separate from ammo. Think FOPA.

Feedback Score
    PA non res license probably not going to be any good either when you move there.