Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X200A v. X200B

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant
    I live out in the country so I need to be able to ID something out to at least 50yds.

It is true that LEDs do not do well against smoke (tested it myself).
    I live in the country as well; we generally use a SF 9v with large bezel and, finally, LT170's (found someone who would give me $55 for my ARMS mounts toward the purchase. ). Anyway, Boom made me a deal on on X200B that I could not refuse,

Sooo, I'm here trying to decide its highest and best use, given we have some X200A's. Looks like it will replace the light on the Glock 19 beside the bed. Maybe some Crimson Trace grips might appear on my Cristmas list. For my wife, of course.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart
    Michigan looks tough. It will be an epic battle.

Always is!

C4

Feedback Score
    I agree with Grant! The X200B is an excellent light for indoor use. I currently use one on my duty issue Glock and for SWAT. The X200B will easily fully flood a room with light vs. the X200A which is more of a target specific light. I did not like the X200A because I wanted something to fully light up the target and the surrounding room. As for lighting up in a smokey room...my team recently tested out some new SCBA gear in a house that had been flooded, by the Fire Dept, with smoke. Needless to say using the light in a very smokey environment was like putting on your high beams in thick fog. It was definitely a wake up! It did not matter if I used my X200B or my M4 carbine light (Surefire incandescent). You could not see more than 1 - 2 feet in front. I'm not sure if this helps but good luck.

Feedback Score

Like the 200B

I had the chance to test both the A & B. I planned to use them on a Glock 22 for police duty use. Outside at normal search distances both worked fine with the 200A having the edge. Inside the 200a to my eyes had too much back throw with its beam in really dark rooms with light colored walls. Most of my light use is inside and for vehicle searches in daylight hours to light up under seats etc. I chose the 200B and have enjoyed it for the last almost year.
    kcdreamer
    MissouriShooter.com

Feedback Score
    kcdreamer,

Am I understanding you right...you do your vehicle searches using your X200? Am I to assume that you are searching vehicles with your gun out or are you removing the light and using the light by its self? I am not trying to criticise but this seems not very safe or smart.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12