Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Springfield MC Operator or Kimber TLE/RL? opinions

Feedback Score
    That's what killed the Colt for me also, wierd non standard size rail.

Feedback Score
    Have a springfield trp operator, love it. It's ran great. Most expensive gun I've bought, and wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

If I'm not mistaken they are doing away with the ils. That being said, I haven't had a problem with mine. When the money is available and I feel comfortable enough to fit the housing myself, I'll replace it. I've heard nothing but horror stories with kimber.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Buddy of mine wanted a 1911 for duty and I tried to talk him into the springfield, but he insisted on the Kimber TLE/RL because that is what LA SWAT carries so it is a proven weapon. Well after 4 trips back to Kimber it was finally "reliable" but he still didn't trust it enough to carry and sold it to a buddy with full disclosure. While Kimber doesn't make a horrible weapon, the Schwartz safety system requires an extreme amount of skill to make reliable. All of the springfields I have owned have been 100% reliable. The only issues I have had were magazine related.
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    Buddy of mine wanted a 1911 for duty and I tried to talk him into the springfield, but he insisted on the Kimber TLE/RL because that is what LA SWAT carries so it is a proven weapon. Well after 4 trips back to Kimber it was finally "reliable" but he still didn't trust it enough to carry and sold it to a buddy with full disclosure. While Kimber doesn't make a horrible weapon, the Schwartz safety system requires an extreme amount of skill to make reliable. All of the springfields I have owned have been 100% reliable. The only issues I have had were magazine related.
    Yep, I was in that boat. But my TLE II only took two trips back to Kimber! But I agree, the schwartz system can be a liability. That's why I went with the Warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichDC2 View Post
    That rifle has won trophies for its game face alone!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I've owned both. Springfield is reliable but cosmetics can be an issue. With the Kimber, looks good but you should expect to spend around $200.00 to improve trigger and ensure reliability - again only my experience.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I would get the new Springfield MC OP with front checkering on grip. In my experience with my friends that got Kimbers they will testify with passion that Kimber has top notch customer service and warranty. Because all my friends needed it.

Only a handful, but enough.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I've had my TLE II since 2002. It originally had the external extractor and had to go back to Kimber twice for failures to extract the fired case. Kimber eventually replaced the entire slide and replace it with one that has an internal extractor. I haven't had any issues since then. Its been very reliable for me. I carry it on duty on occasion, but still prefer my G17.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Ive owned both. Only my experience but the Springfield MC operator was significantly more reliable than my Kimber.

Feedback Score
    140 (100%)
    I've had a whole bunch of Kimbers and I wouldn't pick the TLE/RL because of the finish. I had a regular TLE that rusted around the rear sight channel, the barrel bushing area & internally where I removed the Schwartz firing pin block/safety. Even though it is buttery soft, I never had any of my other 3 Kimbers with KimPro finish rust.

I'd buy the Tactical Entry, remove the Scwartz safety and rock on. Otherwise, the MC Operator would get my money.
    You dig your grave with your fork.

Feedback Score
    springfield hands down, never been a fan of kimber guns at all, buddy bought a desert warrior, and well i have a all steel WC CQB w/ rail, to say the least his gun felt cheap as crap compared to what i am used to,

the fit and finish was sloppy, the operation of the slide felt gritty, the trigger felt gritty and rough, the list goes on, and he bought it for 1k-11xx new, i told him to sell it and buy a colt or springfield lol
    "People should not be afraid of their Government, Governments should be afraid of the people" - V - V for Vendetta

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast