Thread: Hearing Protection

Feedback Score

Hearing Protection

Folks, New guy here on this forum. I have tried the search function but without much luck as I get page after page of response. My specific question is regarding the Pro Ears, Pro Slim Gold model. I haven't found a pair locally so would have to order online, do they work well? particularly any interference at the stock? I know they are expensive, but with what little hearing I have left, I need high quality. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Go here, buy these.

http://www.safariland.com/electronic...P.html#start=1

Your search is finished.

Feedback Score
    I've been using the Axil GS 2.0 this season and have really appreciated them for both of those features you've described. I wasn't so sure about them the first few times out due to the cord connecting them, but I've really come around. The ear foams can get very hard in the cold, so if you don't start the morning with them in, just hold them in your hands for a few seconds and the foam will soften up, allowing you to put them in your ears.

Feedback Score
    I've been using Pro Ears Predator Gold model for over a decade now and I've been very happy with them. I have not had any problem with stock interference as they are quite slim at the bottom, where it matters most. I think they may be more slim than the Pro Slim Gold, judging by their photos.

The TCI does have the advantage of using easier to find batteries (AAA as compared to N or 123) and longer claimed battery life. It states NRR of 21, while the Pro Ears states NRR of 26.

Lastly, the Pro Ears set is $259 while the TCI is $415, or $155 more. And I have this strange bias against having "tactical" in the company name (lol).

Your money, your call...
    Last edited by Rascally; 12-19-23 at 13:22. Reason: correct a company name
    Rascal

"In every generation there are those who want to rule well - but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters - but they mean to be masters." — Daniel Webster

Feedback Score
    Will check those out. Thanks! I’ve had my tinnitus since I can remember which is 3 years old. I even asked my mom what that sound was. I thought it was the sound of my thoughts and that everyone had it. It has NEVER bothered me until I found out not everyone had it. People could actually have complete silence! Now i have decent hearing aids and only need to remember ordering hearing aid supplies from time to time. (to be honest i forget that pretty often)
    Last edited by alexiv; 12-27-23 at 12:43.