Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: PRC-148 Radio, First Impressions and Initial Setup, and Follow on Setup on Chest Rig

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Solid. Do it.

Tech: Local
    General: Worldwide

Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    Alright...three years later, I finally did it. I placed my order for one of the newer aluminum-cased 10w 152 models.

Working on the license now, I want to knock out tech and general at the same time if I can.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Working on the license now, I want to knock out tech and general at the same time if I can.
    Same. Test on Saturday. Feel pretty good about the one. Thinking while I'm there I'll try the other...getting close

Feedback Score
    Received the radio today. This thing feels like a tank.

I'm going to have to learn how to program frequencies and such, but I get the sense it will be a good learning tool. I was looking up local repeaters in the area to see if I can pick anything up, but I think it's going to take a bit more time to learn it all.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    Just some pic updates. I figured out how to program everything. I've got all the local repeaters in both 2m and 70cm band programmed. Not picking up all that much chatter, though.

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    This is outstanding.

Just some pic updates. I figured out how to program everything. I've got all the local repeaters in both 2m and 70cm band programmed. Not picking up all that much chatter, though.

Feedback Score
    Hey guys, been following this post..

Is there any updates from you guys about the 152, also is there a real difference between the TRI and TCA 152?
    I am looking to get one of them but unsure which one to go with. The TRI does 10w etc... but apparently the TCA is built better but doesnt do 10w.. any advice?

Feedback Score
    Yes, I am interested in any overview as to this radio.
    Has it held up and functioned ok?
    Would you purchase something else instead of the PRC 152 clone?

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtscout View Post
    Yes, I am interested in any overview as to this radio.
    Has it held up and functioned ok?
    Would you purchase something else instead of the PRC 152 clone?

Thanks in advance.
    No, I wouldn’t. TRI PRC-152 is really well built, a solid radio with a metal body as opposed to the 148. I believe if you scroll up Outlander notes some of the deltas between the 148 and 152, the 152 does have some better functionality than the 148, but I’d have to dig though some posts to find that info. I sold my 148 and bought a PRC-152 for about the same price. I can post the eBay vendor I used. I believe me, docsherm, Euro and a couple more m4cers bought our radios from the same vendor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattei View Post
    Hey guys, been following this post..

Is there any updates from you guys about the 152, also is there a real difference between the TRI and TCA 152?
    I am looking to get one of them but unsure which one to go with. The TRI does 10w etc... but apparently the TCA is built better but doesnt do 10w.. any advice?
    Personally, I’d stick with the TRI and the better xmit power. Our resident radio geek/HAM is Outlander tho.

And I was just saying to the fellas the other day that I really need to update this thread. Besides my radio change, I’ve had some kit changes as well.

If your interested here’s the link Outlander posted above for the PRC-152.

https://ebay.us/yt18Ii

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Yeah a couple days ago I read this entire thread and the other one... another site said the TCA is the newer version (but a basic look into it the TRI has more functions... so they on the good cush over there)

Also this is the link they posted before
    https://shop.jkarmy.com/tri-152-alum...-ipx-7-od.html

Probably the same radio, but I am worried different vendors may play fu*k fu*k games as the pricing can vary by $100 ish depending..

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast