Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: PRC-148 Radio, First Impressions and Initial Setup, and Follow on Setup on Chest Rig

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattei View Post
    Yeah a couple days ago I read this entire thread and the other one... another site said the TCA is the newer version (but a basic look into it the TRI has more functions... so they on the good cush over there)

Also this is the link they posted before
    https://shop.jkarmy.com/tri-152-alum...-ipx-7-od.html

Probably the same radio, but I am worried different vendors may play fu*k fu*k games as the pricing can vary by $100 ish depending..
    That's a good buy. We went the eBay route because we got our radios in like 2.5-3 weeks with our guy. I checked and he's not selling on eBay. For whatever that's worth. Our radios are GTG though. But the JKArmy is where I bought my PRC-148.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Thanks Rob, thats always a plus to know the site is legit...

I will once I get mine post up about it, but will require some playing around with first.... Just hope JKarmy is a little quicker on the shipping than 3 weeks

I also read comments like its a glorified baufang etc.. and that its Chinese crap etc... and that its for kids who want to play airsoft and adults who want to pretend army... and its not a good radio, and I hope I can shed a little light on it not being the case.
    Last edited by Mattei; 06-13-19 at 03:00.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    The disparaging comments about the 152 and, “Muh glorified Baofeng” are from the original plastic-bodied units from circa 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattei View Post
    Thanks Rob, thats always a plus to know the site is legit...

I will once I get mine post up about it, but will require some playing around with first.... Just hope JKarmy is a little quicker on the shipping than 3 weeks

I also read comments like its a glorified baufang etc.. and that its Chinese crap etc... and that its for kids who want to play airsoft and adults who want to pretend army... and its not a good radio, and I hope I can shed a little light on it not being the case.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    man, sure wish they added DMR! :-) I want one of the 152's, but the MD-380 DMR radios are so good and cheap I can't justify more handhelds. (Though I've bought a couple of DMR mobiles lately)

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    DMR is the king of activity for Digital voice for sureskis.

Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    man, sure wish they added DMR! :-) I want one of the 152's, but the MD-380 DMR radios are so good and cheap I can't justify more handhelds. (Though I've bought a couple of DMR mobiles lately)

Feedback Score
    Yeah outlander thats what I was thinking because I also heard them say that the TCA is the newer model, and I know the new TRI came out last year, plus there is a bunch more technical data given on sites for it...

Feedback Score
    So I got the new TRI 152 in today, and dam... this thing is legit, reminds me of when I did 2 or 4 man recce's.
    Also now TRI released its 343 version which has the duel PTT (and single) function so I can connect the 343 to the 152... this is going to make me start playing airsoft or something idk, so much room for activities...

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Roll call.

If any of you guys have PRC-148s or 152s, this is for you.

I’ve been in talks with Tigertronics about potentially making a data cable for interfacing with a computer, via their SignalLink USB device. For clarification, this is NOT a programming cable, but a computer interface for programs like FLDigi, JS8Call, etc, for doing digital modes.

If so, I’ll make a new thread for that discussion.
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 08-29-19 at 20:40.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Roll call.

If any of you guys have PRC-148s or 152s, this is for you.

I’ve been in talks with Tigertronics about potentially making a data cable for interfacing with a computer, via their SignalLink USB device. For clarification, this is NOT a programming, but a computer interface for programs like FLDigi, JS8Call, etc, for doing digital modes.

If so, I’ll make a new thread for that discussion.
    Needs more programming capability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast