Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: PRC-148 Radio, First Impressions and Initial Setup, and Follow on Setup on Chest Rig

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Thanks, duder!

Yes, the current versions of the 152 (metal housing) are compatible with all the issued Harris batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by underwater View Post
    Does anyone know if you can use a Harris battery or MBITR battery with the TRI PRC152 10w version? I've looked around on the various forums but haven't found an answer. I have picked up a couple of these a while back and they work great. Somewhat concerned about the battery longevity and have been considering milspec batteries. I know the TRI mbitr copy uses an actual mbitr battery but don't know about these. Thanks for all the info posted in this thread. Studying for license like a lot of others here. Special thanks to Outlander for your efforts here.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    This is the second time I’ve heard this recently.

A friend of mine picked one up from Shinq in the last month, and we confirmed Air Band receive a couple of days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by cdb View Post
    You have a radio from the shiqinxi_0 guy? Trying to figure out why his TRI 152A radios don't do AM receive while the other TRI 152As do. Seems like they should be the same thing.
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 10-04-19 at 07:47.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    This is the second time I’ve heard this recently.

A friend of mine picked one up from Shinq in the last month, and we confirmed Air Band receive a couple of days ago.
    Pretty weird, I messaged and asked why his didn't have it listed but other sellers did. He said his didn't do AM receive and he knew none of the others did either because they all get their raidios from him. Maybe something lost in translation. Glad to hear that they do anyways.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    He may be covering his own ass, as it’s illegal in China to have those freq’s available for receive on radios. Tune to your nearest Approach/Departure Frequency, typically 121.0000, and let the radio marinate until you hear activity to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by cdb View Post
    Pretty weird, I messaged and asked why his didn't have it listed but other sellers did. He said his didn't do AM receive and he knew none of the others did either because they all get their raidios from him. Maybe something lost in translation. Glad to hear that they do anyways.

Feedback Score
    Whew, finally caught up with reading this whole thread, thank you all for the valuable info about these radios, love my vx7 but I think I might pick one of these up and check it out.
    So I'm looking to grab one from ebay but it's a little confusing with all the various models on there but if I followed this thread correctly, the one that includes HF does not exist, so this is the correct one to grab right? (TRI 10w 152 with metal body) https://www.ebay.com/itm/LIMITED-EDI....c100008.m2219

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Digital mode update. Using the adapter/interface shown below corrected all issues with I/O signal levels. Levels are normalized compared to the relatively low output audio being sent directly to the radio via jumper. By running the CW Adapter Unit to the radio via jumper, and feeding the GD Box via the Audio line out, the input/output levels are in-line with what should be used for digital modes. I'd have no problem confidently using the below configuration, effectively, for NBEMS.

Man this is pure awesome sauce. Found this article that helped turn the lightbulb on what you accomplished.
    Thx for posting this info.

http://www.arrl.org/nbems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elf View Post
    Whew, finally caught up with reading this whole thread, thank you all for the valuable info about these radios, love my vx7 but I think I might pick one of these up and check it out.
    So I'm looking to grab one from ebay but it's a little confusing with all the various models on there but if I followed this thread correctly, the one that includes HF does not exist, so this is the correct one to grab right? (TRI 10w 152 with metal body) https://www.ebay.com/itm/LIMITED-EDI....c100008.m2219
    Yes, this is who I bought my 152 from.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Yes, this is who I bought my 152 from.

Copy that, thank you sir.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I ran across this the other day and picked one up. I connected to an 8w Baofeng I had and the the xmit results of the 8w radio were very impressive so I picked one up for my 152. Hopefully I can do little testing this week and compare capability versus the antenna currently on my radio. I’ll post up updates when I do. I like this antenna because it’s super flexible and I think it will hold up well routed through the antenna channels on my chest rig harness. Here’s the link. I’m not 100% sure what it brings to the table but I’m pretty optimistic. As soon as I have some results I’ll post results.

https://signalstuff.com/antennas/
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Coming in way late to the TRI PRC-148 party, but wanted to register in case I could contribute any info as I go along. I gained a lot from this thread, thanks to all who posted!

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast