Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: PRC-148 Radio, First Impressions and Initial Setup, and Follow on Setup on Chest Rig

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Ease of use, the TRI wins as a general purpose radio.

The VOX capability of the TCA is a godsend for doing digital work with a computer. It’s hard to put one above the other.

If I could only pick one, I’d go with the TCA at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    Any other insight into functionality or have you had the time to play with them yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Ease of use, the TRI wins as a general purpose radio.

The VOX capability of the TCA is a godsend for doing digital work with a computer. It’s hard to put one above the other.

If I could only pick one, I’d go with the TCA at this point.
    Thanks. I’ll try to pick up a TCA 148 and a 152 to play with. There are some better things I’ve noticed about the TCA that I’ve asked questions on; the channel knob on top has stops on each end instead of spinning all the way around. I find that to be a better option so I can keep my “most important” channels against each stop for ease of use. I also like the option to be able to program the buttons to what I want them to do but since you said the manual is shit that will be interesting. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    doing digital work with a computer.
    Like Internet true the radio or something?

Feedback Score
    Quick question about programming frequencies. Do you set the receive frequency and then the transmit as in the Baofengs? This allows a VHF receive and a UHF transmit for which I have a need. The PDF online manual shows a transmit offset limit of 90 megahertz which would preclude using a full cross band repeater. (Tx UHF/Rx VHF).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Big shout out to the homo fudd ham boomers who ruined importation and sales of said multi band 10w radios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nooo. I really wanted to pick one up.

Feedback Score
    The 148 and 152 radio`s are dropping in price

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitcoin View Post
    The 148 and 152 radio`s are dropping in price
    Last checked eBay they were about the same though honestly I’m surprised they haven’t dropped with all this shit going on. Most people don’t want to have anything coming from China right now. Lol. I haven’t even gotten my 2 TCAs I ordered back in February yet.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    Can the TRI and TCA use real Harris batteries? Or is it just a feature of the TRI?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gtguard View Post
    Can the TRI and TCA use real Harris batteries? Or is it just a feature of the TRI?
    Yes you can use Harris batteries in the TRI radio.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    So, I was surprised my TCA showed up today. It seems to be ok on a Harris battery as well. I wonder what the operating voltage is for these radios.

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast