Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: PRC-148 Radio, First Impressions and Initial Setup, and Follow on Setup on Chest Rig

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    You didn't yell "man hands" before you pushed. It gives a +10 for Strength.

Without getting hands on, it's hard to say. Let me check my gear box tomorrow and see if I have a dog bone I can mail your way for a comparison 6-pin fit.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnkey11 View Post
    I got her nice and wet first, it's as if I can't press it down far enough.

Infant tell from the pics but do you have 2 nipples in your PTT cable?

In my pic they are at 10, 2 and 6. I couldn't tell if it was the lighting or if somehow they are not there. Which in itself would be pretty weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've got the 3 nipples, only fits one way. You can see where they are rubbing on the radio male connection, not getting down far enough to be able to turn and lock.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    One more thing and not trying to be offensive here, but you are lining up your red marks from the PTT to your PRC right? I know it's kinda obvious but just trying to rule out the low hanging fruit.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnkey11 View Post
    I've got the 3 nipples, only fits one way. You can see where they are rubbing on the radio male connection, not getting down far enough to be able to turn and lock.
    Disregard previous post. have you used your Peltors on another radio with the 6 pin connector?

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    No, everything is new. The comtac III and ptt are from a legit source, only thing made in China is the radio.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    1) How I missed this excellent thread is beyond me.
    2) Turnkey11, If spit isn't working, try this:

3) Three tits on mine too.

I've used the 148 with 4 different PTTs. Turnkey11, hook or by crook, we'll get you mated up...

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    1) How I missed this excellent thread is beyond me.
    Thanks Brother-man. It was a lot of work. I kind of thought it was maybe too much information and too much detail. But if it helps someone then it's well worth the effort!

Thanks for helping out... I was hoping you'd catch the thread and you did.

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Roger that.

Seriously, great, great thread.

One thing I haven't seen discussed, and one of the big pluses to the 148 is the ability for the radio to take disposables/CR-123As.

If one were to get on eBay, and search for, "Thales Battery," one could find milsurp CR-123A adapter packs for about $5-$7 shipped...

ETA: Robert, I just saw the Gerber Strongarm in your loadout. I recently picked one up, and I'm absolutely in love with that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Thanks Brother-man. It was a lot of work. I kind of thought it was maybe too much information and too much detail. But if it helps someone then it's well worth the effort!

Thanks for helping out... I was hoping you'd catch the thread and you did.

Last edited by Outlander Systems; 04-25-17 at 09:00.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Turnkey11,

It may not seem obvious, but once the PTT is pushed down, you'll want to rotate/twist the tits into the grooves on the 6-pin connector on the radio to lock it on.

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast