Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just got my new Colt 6920

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjpgolf1 View Post
    People get hung up on fit and finish because companies have shown that it's possible to combine the function of a rifle with beautiful cosmetics. Whether or not some people think that the AR is strictly a tool and should be treated as such the AR market has changed and this rifle has been glorified. There is nothing wrong with wanting your AR to look as good as it performs. It's when form is put before function that it becomes ridiculous. Everything evolves over time and the AR is far from what it used to be now. It's just the way it is and it's going to keep evolving whether everyone likes it or not. Companies like Battle Arms, Vseven, Daniel Defense, SLR Rifleworks, and many others wouldn't be so hot right now if all people cared about was the function of the rifle. They are putting out superior products that will perform with anything out there but look like an exotic super car. There is room for everyone at the table.
    Very well said.

Feedback Score
    When my kids get my rifles after I am done with them they will be piles of worn out dented and scratched shot out pieces of metal that used to resemble firearms. I plan on using them all up until there is very little left. I hope they don't mind some cosmetic issues.
    kwg

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Inheriting firearms worn from honest usage and minor imperfections are one thing. But deep chatter marks uglier than any found even on a wartime Arisaka is just wrong. That doesn't mean Colts are junk, it doesn't mean the also-rans are just as good, it doesn't mean the chatter marks will gitcha kilt on de streetz. It just means if it were me, I would call Colt and ask if they'll take care of it because that's pretty ugly.

It also means that if I were the guy that made those marks, I'd be embarrassed to send it to the next station
    Last edited by MistWolf; 10-27-16 at 22:05.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    OP, have you contacted the manufacturer per the forum rules?

4) Contact The Manufacturer or Dealer First – Internet forums have a large global audience and unsubstantiated or ill-informed comments will affect the livelihoods of a lot of hard working people in the industry. If you have an issue with a manufacturer or dealer that you would like to resolve, we ask that your first contact them to resolve it.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've got a 6920 OEM-2 and it's trigger guard wasn't milled out very good at all. Looks like a war time 1940's mosin-nagant in that respect.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    OP, have you contacted the manufacturer per the forum rules?
    No, I missed their customer service hours today.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Then let a mod know what they say after you contact them, and we'll re-open the thread.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I am re-opening this thread. The OP contacted the vendor (Colt in this case) and wanted to update everyone on the results. I'll let him fill you in on the details he sent me via PM.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Thank you SeriousStudent. Just over a month ago I spoke with a gentleman at Colt who said the (pre-anodizing) grind marks still met military specs. Later that same day a different gentleman called and emailed me. He asked me to send the rifle back. He stated it shouldn't have passed QC or made it out the door. He apologized and sent me an RPO. He explained that they most likely would check on re-issuing the serial on a lower once mine was destroyed. One month,to the day, after sending it back I received a box via UPS. It was my new 6920 with new serial number. It is flawless. I could not be happier with the rifle or the service that I received. They restored all my faith in Colt.

I just wanted to update everyone on Colt and the customer service I received. Thank you Colt and Cory (from Colt).

Feedback Score
    What cracks me up is that I've read countless threads about poor fit and finish on Colt 6920s, and like clockwork all the Colt apologists come out and tell you that fit and finish do not matter.....If it's a Colt. Now had you purchased brand "X" and had the same issues, I would hazard a guess that a lot of the same people would tell you how unacceptable it was. Over the years I've owned several 6920s most were quite good in the finish department. While a couple had some tool marks but nothing to worry about. Like some have already said. If the fit and finish are high on your priority list, avoid the Colt unless you can inspect it first.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast