Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: DDM4/SLiM rail anti-rotation problem?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    Not to reopen an old thread, but I felt this was the most appropriate place for it.

I noticed that DD now seems to be shipping a different type of screw for their DDM4 rails and the threads appear slightly more coarse (although this could be some kind of photo or compression distortion):

OLD VERSION https://www.ar15goa.com/product/ddm4...aniel-defense/

NEW VERSION https://danieldefense.com/screw-pack.html

Has anybody had a chance to try these?
    Same Thread Pitch. Larger Hex. Transitioned from a 2.5mm to a 3mm.
    Joe Marler
    Law Enforcement Sales Manager

jmarler@danieldefense.com
    www.danieldefense.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marler5811 View Post
    Same Thread Pitch. Larger Hex. Transitioned from a 2.5mm to a 3mm.
    Thanks for the reply!

Feedback Score
    Is this still an issue. My DDM4 V7 LW complete upper just arrived via ups today and now I'm wondering if I should just try to sell it / return it after reading about this and people getting DD rifles and uppers with screws loose and having issues zeroing iron sights due to the handguard issues.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trinitynzxt View Post
    Is this still an issue. My DDM4 V7 LW complete upper just arrived via ups today and now I'm wondering if I should just try to sell it / return it after reading about this and people getting DD rifles and uppers with screws loose and having issues zeroing iron sights due to the handguard issues.
    This is your first post on this site, and right above your post is the DD rep, I would reach out to him.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    This is your first post on this site, and right above your post is the DD rep, I would reach out to him.
    Not to be rude, but would kind of like to hear from the community. I can't imagine a rep saying yea we got rail problems don't buy our stuff.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    So you just got the upper today and want to sell it or return it? Have you even shot it yet?

Feedback Score
    Not to be rude, but would kind of like to hear from the community. I can't imagine a rep saying yea we got rail problems don't buy our stuff.
    So I have a V5 from '12 and a V7 upper from '17 or early '18, if you just got this today doesn't mean you are going to have a problem and if you do, the rep is on this board to correct any issue. You just got this, shoot the piss out of it and if there is an issue bring it to the boards attention otherwise your more then likely fine. I've had issues with my DDM4V5, a BCM upper, and an ADM lower ( I won't go into what I ordered from PSA) all of them took care of the issue. You're more then likely fine, but I've seen a $2100 Triarc fail at a class, its a machine and machines break. Keep your head up and congrats on your new upper.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    So you just got the upper today and want to sell it or return it? Have you even shot it yet?
    That's how I read it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    That's how I read it.
    Why shoot it if there are problems with it, easier to sell unused, and if I cant sell it, I could still return it. Getting very off track to the question at hand however. Also, it would have been cool for $1200 if they could have included an allen key long enough to attach the fore grip.

Feedback Score
    Why shoot it if there are problems with it, easier to sell unused, and if I cant sell it, I could still return it. Getting very off track to the question at hand however. Also, it would have been cool for $1200 if they could have included an allen key long enough to attach the fore grip.
    What's wrong with it? Are the screws loose?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast