Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: DDM4/SLiM rail anti-rotation problem?

Feedback Score
    They’ve changed the screws they use and also now use loctite. You shouldn’t have a problem.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vaquero View Post
    They’ve changed the screws they use and also now use loctite. You shouldn’t have a problem.
    When?? I’m wondering if I need take apart my V11 with 15” slim rail. Then again, I don’t treat it like a truck gun like certain “union” operators, lol.

Feedback Score
    They changed a couple years ago I believe. If you go on their website and look under spare parts section it will have a picture of the newer design. All the changed was the shape of the head I believe. The old style was dome like and the new style is no longer tapered and right angled. Allows for more material where the hex wrench bites into it. I know, terrible description but hard to describe without pics.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vaquero View Post
    They changed a couple years ago I believe. If you go on their website and look under spare parts section it will have a picture of the newer design. All the changed was the shape of the head I believe. The old style was dome like and the new style is no longer tapered and right angled. Allows for more material where the hex wrench bites into it. I know, terrible description but hard to describe without pics.
    I have the old dome heads. My rifle is from ca 2015. I’m hesitant to touch them and strip them. Thus creating a problem I didn’t have before.

I’ll touch it if it moves. In the meantime, an optic rail that bridges the handguard might be nice insurance against rotation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohn View Post
    I have the old dome heads. My rifle is from ca 2015. I’m hesitant to touch them and strip them. Thus creating a problem I didn’t have before.

I’ll touch it if it moves. In the meantime, an optic rail that bridges the handguard might be nice insurance against rotation.
    I've got a V5 from 2012, and I've never seen this issue, and while I wouldn't say that I miss treated the rifle, I have already replaced the gas rings, and it has been my go to rifle and a workhorse for classes. It has been dropped few times, and fallen over a few times as well and I haven't noticed any rotation. All that being said, when I bought the rifle, the stock was canted slightly and the staking on the castle nut was poor, a gunsmith corrected this for me a month or so after purchase.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    I’d buy a set or two of the new screws and just have them on the ready in case you need to replace your gas tube or they loosen up.

When mine loosened I was running the gun hard. It was very hot (the rifle and the weather) and I was banging it into barricades. And it wasn’t my first time abusing it.

I’m not happy it happened at all (don’t feel it should have) but it did. But since replacing the screws I’ve run it hard since and abused it with no movement.

I’d witness mark the screws as added security to make it easier to see if they start moving.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trinitynzxt View Post
    Why shoot it if there are problems with it, easier to sell unused, and if I cant sell it, I could still return it. Getting very off track to the question at hand however. Also, it would have been cool for $1200 if they could have included an allen key long enough to attach the fore grip.
    How are you going to know there are problems if you don't shoot it? It's not worth worrying about when there are thousands upon thousands of DD rifles, uppers, and handguards out in peoples' hands that haven't experienced this problem. It's better to shoot it and address the issue in the unlikely event that it arises. If it really bothers you go to Lowe's and buy some Loctite 242 and apply it to the fasteners yourself for cheap insurance.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910