Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DDM4/SLiM rail anti-rotation problem?

Feedback Score
    Just an update:

I email DD regarding the bolt looseness and received a reply almost immediately. I was advised

DO NOT use loctite ( Although I would not think blue loctite would be an issue)

There is no torque value, Just "Hand tight".

Mr. Brown also offer to send me a label to ship the rifle back if I felt it was needed.

I'm undecided on shipping it back based on th fact I've already done as the email reply advised.
    I do think that the response time from DD was excellent!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Nice customer service. But having no torque value is rather disturbing. Blue loctite is better than a loose handguard. Come on Daniel Defense I would think there's more to it than "hand tight "!?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocalsocal View Post
    Nice customer service. But having no torque value is rather disturbing. Blue loctite is better than a loose handguard. Come on Daniel Defense I would think there's more to it than "hand tight "!?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Agreed. I have gone from feeling great about my decision to buy to being quite puzzled.

Feedback Score
    Maybe people won't agree with me but I think checking all hardware and tightening bolts and screws is just part of preventative maintenance even if it's straight from the factory. I'm definitely interested in how this goes with the DD hand guard since I am current deciding on one for a middy that's going to see hard use.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTuna View Post
    Maybe people won't agree with me but I think checking all hardware and tightening bolts and screws is just part of preventative maintenance even if it's straight from the factory. I'm definitely interested in how this goes with the DD hand guard since I am current deciding on one for a middy that's going to see hard use.
    This....if the rifle is for serious use, it's up to the user to double check all of its systems before utilizing the rifle in a shtf situation.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Several rails being manufactured do not have a recommended torque value, so I am not sure why people are acting as of the Book of Revelations was just revealed. I use blue Loctite on almost all screws that secure rails and optics. The exception are those that use helicoils.

For years we have always recommended that the end user check his weapon and do an inspection.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't understand why DD advised against Loctite unless removing the Loctite applied part would damage something. As a novice, I'm curious.

Feedback Score
    I don't own any of the new DD rails, but I believe the plate is aluminum. Maybe it is exactly as IG said and the plate has helicoils.

What's old is new again, pinned FSB's have always had lots of proponents on this forum and others.

Feedback Score
    I have a DD V11 and it is my only firearm. I will not be dropping it anytime soon. I know DDs are built like tanks, but I am a little bit disappointed that that one's rail shifted after so little abuse when you consider the torture test that they did with Larry Vickers.

Feedback Score
    Guys, to make it clear, when I started using this rifle, bolts were not lose. They were all tight.
    They didn't become lose from recoil either. Many rounds went down the pipe on that rifle prior drops on concrete and rail was holding up. Bolts went lose after drops only.
    I have them on blue loctite now and so far I haven't noticed any shifts.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast