Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: "Critique my firearm picture" thread

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

"Critique my firearm picture" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    It looks phenomenal on my iPad, let me get to the large monitors and I’ll give better feedback.
    Thanks! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. As I think about it, part of the issue may well be that I was relying on the strobes to freeze action, and when I moved to have him backlit, that same light wasn’t quite freezing it as much I want...and I’m pretending that it’s noise instead of a teeny bit of motion blur for my own ego.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by thopkins22; 11-20-18 at 16:31.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

"Critique my firearm picture" thread

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    It’s very nice. My criticism is that it’s a little hot on the deflector, which draws my eye to a less interesting part of the firearm. I’d like to see it burned back a little there. But a very nice and well executed high key photo with nice shadows and so forth. My gripe is extremely minor...and keep in mind that I definitely can’t do better...I’ve never done any product photography.
    Last edited by thopkins22; 11-22-18 at 18:53.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for this thread. I'm one of the non skilled photo takers who only has a cell phone (iPhone 7+) and a desire to share photos of a gun or knife whenever the subject comes up in a thread. I need to learn to come up with the good ideas of how to frame the shots, and how to work the limited settings on the cell phone camera. I took this for the AR pistol thread. The object is just to share what you have as an AR pistol. I did that. You can see the gun, and the parts on it, but it's not an interesting shot. As I have read in this thread, I fell victim to the "gun on the floor" mentality trying to get the whole thing in the shot.

I have done some better shots with knives, but they are smaller...

You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This was an awesome thread, sad to see that it died

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Pulled out the DSLR and tripod today and this happened:

Glock 19 by Ryan T, on Flickr
    Last edited by Onyx Z; 01-17-19 at 16:41.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post

Looks like you desaturated the image.... which I can’t say as overly works for me. It is a nice and clean pic though, which is better than most pics.

Watch the safety position, that is a big deal to some poeple, though I’m not really one of them.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    Thank you for this thread. I'm one of the non skilled photo takers who only has a cell phone (iPhone 7+) and a desire to share photos of a gun or knife whenever the subject comes up in a thread. I need to learn to come up with the good ideas of how to frame the shots, and how to work the limited settings on the cell phone camera. I took this for the AR pistol thread. The object is just to share what you have as an AR pistol. I did that. You can see the gun, and the parts on it, but it's not an interesting shot. As I have read in this thread, I fell victim to the "gun on the floor" mentality trying to get the whole thing in the shot.

I have done some better shots with knives, but they are smaller...

This isn’t bad at all, like you have already commented, the biggest sin here is the generic wooden floor.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Z View Post
    Pulled out the DSLR and tripod today and this happened:

Glock 19 by Ryan T, on Flickr
    You have a few things going on here, but the dark front and rear of the slide are creating big issues here I can’t get past. I also think a plain piece of printer paper would have worked better than a paper towel.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast