Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: "Critique my firearm picture" thread

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Same crappy potato device, trying for a "Gunshop Counter as Natural Habitat" thing with some help from a preferred FFL. Hopefully I've improved a little...

Need to figure out where I put the C8's logbook flash drive so I can mount it...
    The lighting is bad, which is giving you a VERy flat look to the items. The signs should be in or out, not partially in, the bright white of the floor on the left and the white signs heavily detract from the firearms and draw the eye away. Lastly, the focus doesn't look like its on the weapons, making them feel more like an afterthought.

I think side lighting from the right would make a world of difference, but you would need to drop the exposure by a half stop as well. I like where you are going with the idea, but it falls flat on this one.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Phone pic?
    Tablet IIRC
    Last edited by Black_Sheep; 01-24-21 at 17:40.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I took this picture under a barn against that old red truck hood to try get all the different colors on that gun. The green rail and gray stock want to come out black.

Last edited by 17K; 05-18-21 at 20:33.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I took this picture under a barn against that old red truck hood to try get all the different colors on that gun. The green rail and gray stock want to come out black.

I noticed this pic in another thread and immediately liked it. The sling detracts a bit, as does the soil, but it is a super clean image with a fantastic background.

Very nicely done.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    72EF0C9C-2989-410A-829F-5B35CABDAD29.jpg

Picture was taken as an impulse. I liked the backdrop and rustic fence. This was taken with an older iPhone so it is as amateur as it gets.

Dislikes on the photo:
    I should have wiped the gun down better first.
    Don’t know if the phone had the ability to adjust exposure like current phone, but would have liked to have adjusted it some.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 09-26-21 at 07:59.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    72EF0C9C-2989-410A-829F-5B35CABDAD29.jpg

Picture was taken as an impulse. I liked the backdrop and rustic fence. This was taken with an older iPhone so it is as amateur as it gets.

Dislikes on the photo:
    I should have wiped the gun down better first.
    Don’t know if the phone had the ability to adjust exposure like current phone, but would have liked to have adjusted it some.
    I think the equipment limitations keep this shot as a pleasant memory, but just a snap shot. From a pro point of view, I can't say that having the image dead center is helping anything. Just a little more to the right and it would have been better.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    7858A0A8-9DA8-4788-82E0-C40B8AD93B1A.jpg

Well if it is just pleasant memory quality, I would like to remember the scenery more than the VP9 as I ditched it a few years back. So here is another with less gun and more background. And a little to the right…. One day soon I will have access to the gear to shoot a quality photo….

Edit: Damn I just saw the “post any firearm” thread and realized I was in the deep end without my arm floats with my pics in this thread!!!
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 09-26-21 at 17:16.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Took this one for an EDC thread. Was mostly showing off the watches. I like that there's a lot of reflective surfaces but not a lot of distracting reflections. I think bounced a speedlight off the roof for this one and shot a few different angles till i found one that worked. I dont like gun being propped up with a holster. It's distracting and blends in with the trigger too much. I remember having a hard time finding something inconspicuous to prop it up at the right angle. Overall I like this image and kept it for long after the watches were sold. Still have the gun and multitool though.

IMG_0683.jpg

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by baffle Stack View Post
    Took this one for an EDC thread. Was mostly showing off the watches. I like that there's a lot of reflective surfaces but not a lot of distracting reflections. I think bounced a speedlight off the roof for this one and shot a few different angles till i found one that worked. I dont like gun being propped up with a holster. It's distracting and blends in with the trigger too much. I remember having a hard time finding something inconspicuous to prop it up at the right angle. Overall I like this image and kept it for long after the watches were sold. Still have the gun and multitool though.

IMG_0683.jpg
    The parts are much greater than the sum in this case. Each item stands out well on their own, but when put together it just is too much and the pic is cluttered. We could go into technical discussions about angles leading all over and dis similar planes running amuck, but I think we can just leave it at cluttered. Again, very nice individually.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Each item only stands out if you're a watch person. I am not, so the meaning is lost on me. Also, the dichotomy of what "may" be expensive watches with a mult-tool doesn't make a lot of sense. The watch around the pistol seems strange. I'd suggest one pistol and one real knife or one watch. Either that or sprinkle some boolits on the table.

Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast