Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: "Critique my firearm picture" thread

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Unfortunately a rubber mat was all I had available for this shot, so I understand the background is probably a little busier than it should be.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post

Unfortunately a rubber mat was all I had available for this shot, so I understand the background is probably a little busier than it should be.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    The main issue here isn't the rubber mat, it is the uneven flow of light across the subject. Had you dropped a reflector, or even a white paper plate on the left, a bit of fill would have brought in more light and made for a better presentation. Personally, I'm a big fan of rubber mats for pics (and for when I drop gun stuff).
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PretendOperator View Post
    The human eye really goes to nothing when this image is first viewed. There is nothing that draws attention. Alternate layout, varying by just a bit would make a much stronger impact. Obviously the dust and hair on it does not contribute in a positive manner either.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerFish View Post
    Shadowing, lighting, light direction and the selective color are all items gone wrong with this one. I know this is a very different shot for you, and I like the idea that you are pushing different things.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    SMOS Arms GFY-15 in Sniper Grey
    -Magpul STR
    -Magpul MIAD
    -Surefire Scout M600 w/ SR07 switch
    -Arisaka MLOK Scout mount
    -Magpul MBUS Pro sights
    -Aimpoint Micro T-1 on Larue tall mount
    -Surefire Warcomp
    -Magpul MLOK covers

Planning to switch to a LPVO eventually, probably the Leupold Mk6 1-6x20 on a Scalarworks mount. I've got a 16" sub-moa stainless barrel, it's a waste to not put a scope on this beauty. I'll get something shorter for home defense duty.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by General Mazaki; 04-06-19 at 06:33.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The furniture in the bottom left wrecks that shot in my opinion.

The house in the background is what catches my eye. The gun needs more front lighting against the bright background too.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by General Mazaki View Post
    SMOS Arms GFY-15 in Sniper Grey
    -Magpul STR
    -Magpul MIAD
    -Surefire Scout M600 w/ SR07 switch
    -Arisaka MLOK Scout mount
    -Magpul MBUS Pro sights
    -Aimpoint Micro T-1 on Larue tall mount
    -Surefire Warcomp
    -Magpul MLOK covers

Planning to switch to a LPVO eventually, probably the Leupold Mk6 1-6x20 on a Scalarworks mount. I've got a 16" sub-moa stainless barrel, it's a waste to not put a scope on this beauty. I'll get something shorter for home defense duty.

The background is what stands out, not the weapon. Even the bokeh isn't enough to save it.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the critique fellas. It's an old offhand snapshot, but I just wanted to contribute to the thread. I do agree the background is more pronounced than I'd like and I should have moved the chair out of the frame. I was working with natural light, in hindsight I could have easily used a reflector to add more light to the rifle and help equalize it with the background's brightness. I need to recheck the EXIF, but I believe I was stopping down the lens a bit to make sure the rifle was all in-focus; larger aperture to blur the background further may have been the better call.

Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast