Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: "Critique my firearm picture" thread

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Sheep View Post
    I like the even lighting, and the simple, clean layout. However (and you knew there was going to be one), the carpet isn't doing the subject matter any justice. Concrete would have looked fantastic.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post

Immediate reaction was "why is the front of the pistol dark"!?!?!?!

I'm guessing this was shot at a wider angle than it should have been. When we are taking pics, we need to remember than distortion based on focal length is a real thing. One of the reasons its important is that it has great effect on illumination of our subject.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Immediate reaction was "why is the front of the pistol dark"!?!?!?!

I'm guessing this was shot at a wider angle than it should have been. When we are taking pics, we need to remember than distortion based on focal length is a real thing. One of the reasons its important is that it has great effect on illumination of our subject.
    Maybe I could adjust the lighting conditions.

Camera isn't a camera, (don't have one) it's an iPhone.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    When we are taking pics, we need to remember than distortion based on focal length is a real thing. One of the reasons its important is that it has great effect on illumination of our subject.
    How is that? I am aware of distortion/compression by focal length but not how it affects illumination.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    How is that? I am aware of distortion/compression by focal length but not how it affects illumination.

Angle of incident equals angle of reflection, but getting in closer and shooting wide angle has an effect on the light as opposed to going farther away and zooming in. The light has no choice but to hit two different ways. It doesn’t mean you are going to see it in every situation, it’s a matter of what the lighting is that you are using.

ETA- walk in close and look at wide angle lines, they bend. They are bending more than just the lines, they are bending light waves as well.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    Stick I tried another shot without the busy carpet pattern as a background. The best natural light comes in that particular window so I tried using a different, more subdued background. It's not optimal, but getting closer. I appreciate the constructive criticism...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Sheep View Post
    Stick I tried another shot without the busy carpet pattern as a background. The best natural light comes in that particular window so I tried using a different, more subdued background. It's not optimal, but getting closer. I appreciate the constructive criticism...

A million times better!! Very flattering light.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    Experimenting with detail shots and lighting, this is one of the better ones.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I was working on this one tonight and as it was sitting on the bench I thought it was a nice angle so I snapped a shot.

Last edited by HKGuns; 12-27-21 at 05:38.

Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast