Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: "Critique my firearm picture" thread

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by conspiro agnew View Post
    JAFO - Story of my life. Thanks for the feedback, sir.

Here's one I shot of my wife's SBR:

What I like: the rifle itself, having built it for her (cut down a DD M4A1 FSP RIS II rail to make a "roll your own" MK18 FSP rail) and I like the way the rattle can job came out as well. I like the rifle isolated against the white, though obviously this is nothing new by any means, so it's not really original or anything.

What I don't like: need something better for the background than throwing down a white sheet, and should have brought more lighting home with me when I wanted to shoot this, because I had to edit out some shadows in the sheets, though there are still traces of them. Fill lights would have made it a better lit image, and I can only attribute that to me being lazy and not bringing my full kit home with me when I decided I wanted to shoot a couple of photos of this project.
    I agree with your assessment, but the wide angle distortion is much more offensive to my eye. Since that can be considered artistic whimsy, I'll consider it a personal slant of mine.

Nice job with both chopping the rail, and with the camo.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    I've been using this one as a banner for a while. Nikon D3000 a few years ago. It's not a full firearm, but I guess it kinda fits here. The things I like are the overall cropping to focus on the scope adjustments and the texture found on the shemagh. Since there isn't much to show in the picture, given its purpose as a banner to run across the top of a blog, I can't really find anything I dislike about this one.

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    I took this picture today after the snow and rain had stopped. I was looking at all the pictures in here and just wanted to see how something simple would come out with just my phone. And this is what I have my M1 garand with the rock wall and snow as a background. Think it suits the rifle pretty well. Only thing I may have done different for myself is not so straight on. But let me know what you think.
    20161212_131510.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kyle.t.richard; 12-12-16 at 16:27.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Took this pic to show off the specific design and color elements of the rifle. Used depth of field to blur the distant background. Wood siding for warm,rustic contrast to the metallic features on rifle. Taken with iPhone 7.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I think you should increase your DOF at least to the end of muzzle. It kinda looks like it's being stuck under water or into some force field or something. Try to make the hand guard go out of focus the same way the receiver tube does. The warm light on the wood siding actually works, for me anyway, but it would be nice to see it all the way out.

Is your castle nut staked? It looks like it's not.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Thanks, tb-av. The DOF is in beta for the iPhone so they only give you one setting (that I could find).

Now I see the watery force field.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    takin with Nikon d90

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

I took this one to show off the CMR upgrade to my SBR. In retrospect I should probably sweep off the concrete beforehand, and start using my Canon 70D instead of my iPhone.
    Good judgment comes from experience. And experience… well, that comes from poor judgment.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    This picture just really appeals to me. I am sure there are technical reasons (or maybe it actually sucks?), but to MY eyes, it looks like a good photo of a muzzle device I got in the mail a while back, with a mixed "soft focus" background that I find appealing.
    Last edited by WS6; 12-21-16 at 10:54.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    I've been using this one as a banner for a while. Nikon D3000 a few years ago. It's not a full firearm, but I guess it kinda fits here. The things I like are the overall cropping to focus on the scope adjustments and the texture found on the shemagh. Since there isn't much to show in the picture, given its purpose as a banner to run across the top of a blog, I can't really find anything I dislike about this one.

It has a nice soft feel to it, and that can be a good thing. Not everything needs to be harsh and ultra contrasty.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast