Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: "Critique my firearm picture" thread

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle.t.richard View Post
    I took this picture today after the snow and rain had stopped. I was looking at all the pictures in here and just wanted to see how something simple would come out with just my phone. And this is what I have my M1 garand with the rock wall and snow as a background. Think it suits the rifle pretty well. Only thing I may have done different for myself is not so straight on. But let me know what you think.
    Attachment 42837

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

On a calibrated monitor it is a little underexposed, but I like the background and like the "straight on" look to showcase the weapon.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Took this pic to show off the specific design and color elements of the rifle. Used depth of field to blur the distant background. Wood siding for warm,rustic contrast to the metallic features on rifle. Taken with iPhone 7.

With that lighting, I would have face the weapon a different direction so the detail would be shown even better. The DOF (Depth Of Field) looks forced, but that makes sense if it is from an iPhone.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    This picture just really appeals to me. I am sure there are technical reasons (or maybe it actually sucks?), but to MY eyes, it looks like a good photo of a muzzle device I got in the mail a while back, with a mixed "soft focus" background that I find appealing.
    It is a snapshot of a muzzle device in a hand, with a vehicle interior background. I'm not sure there is much more than that going on. It shows off the Surefire fine.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba04 View Post
    takin with Nikon d90

I don't know what you were looking for with these pictures, but I'm not finding it. A different background and different lighting would have done a lot of the layout of these shots.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ-Renegade View Post

I took this one to show off the CMR upgrade to my SBR. In retrospect I should probably sweep off the concrete beforehand, and start using my Canon 70D instead of my iPhone.

Good looking shot! Next time, try turning the light on, and watch what sort of difference it makes.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Good looking shot! Next time, try turning the light on, and watch what sort of difference it makes.
    Thanks! I will try it with the light on, once I remount it. The Magpul M-LOK machine screws I have are too long for the CMR with a standard profile barrel, so its off the gun until I can hit up a hardware store for shorter screws.
    Good judgment comes from experience. And experience… well, that comes from poor judgment.

Feedback Score
    Error, image would cross.
    Last edited by 1toughdog; 12-25-16 at 11:36.

Feedback Score
    New to me 1974 Colt Python, neighbor had it - I chased it for four years before he decided to sell it to me. Pros, it's a nice Python on a much weathered, unfinished cut-off, shot with a Cannon G10 on a cloudy day, cylinder is open. Pros: it's a lightly used Python and I really like the wood slab. Cons: smudge around the cylinder lock and below the plate line! Maybe too tight of an image. Shame on me.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1482687340.166608.jpg

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    It is a snapshot of a muzzle device in a hand, with a vehicle interior background. I'm not sure there is much more than that going on. It shows off the Surefire fine.
    Thanks. I achieved my goal with that photo. It's purpose was my Facebook feed to show off the surefire.

Feedback Score
    This was a quick shot with my Samsung S5 to show what I was doing that day. It was the first time I had shot this rifle, my first build, at more than 50 yards.
    I generally like how it turned out, especially the black rifle against the mostly tan range and wall.
    I wish that the blue port-a-john wasnt there, its a little distracting and I wish that I had a less cheap looking sling on the rifle.

Last edited by 2000xjclassic; 01-03-17 at 10:39.

Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast