Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: "Critique my firearm picture" thread

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    It is hard to make a call on this one without seeing the finish in person. Overall, I would say you will need a neutral background, and then move the primary lighting around and change angles while your camera stays locked in place on a tripod. This will allow the color shift to be observed as realistically as possible by viewers.
    Awesome, I will give it a shot. The color flip is pretty lighting angle dependant to show in one shot for sure. Natural day light shows it the best for sure but any recomendations on good lighting either bulbs or type of bulb and temp for indoor photos? The bulbs I have for my lights are ok but dont show the color of the item as it would appear in natural light all that great on any type of finish.

The first two were impromptoo photos and I relize I need to have my dlsr with me sometimes when I go out since the level issues killed me on the 2nd pic in the first photo. Never thought about flipping it to B&W, havent done any b&w stuff for eons and never did it much digitally. I will give it a go for sure.

Thanks for the input!!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    20181018_231002.jpg

So difficult to photograph flats. Open to help.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    20181018_231002.jpg

Lacking all else, take a piece of white printer paper and put it in front of your flash.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    20181018_231002.jpg

Do you have a garage? If so, open your garage door part way, and watch how the light becomes a broad light source as opposed to a small one. This is what you need, as the small light, and close in wide angle shot you are taking are not going to make you happy.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I took this pic a while back when these Northtech lowers first came out. I try to use the rule of thirds with most of my photos and feel like this exhibits this "rule" perfectly.

Some Lightroom work is the only thing done to it.

Northtech Defense Billet Lower by Ryan T, on Flickr
    Last edited by Onyx Z; 10-23-18 at 22:06.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Z View Post
    I took this pic a while back when these Northtech lowers first came out. I try to use the rule of thirds with most of my photos and feel like this exhibits this "rule" perfectly.

Some Lightroom work is the only thing done to it.

Northtech Defense Billet Lower by Ryan T, on Flickr

Nice and simple with good use of texture. I think it might have looked slightly better based on the wedge shape of the lower if it were in the lower left corner, but that is subjective. It is a good picture.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Do you have a garage? If so, open your garage door part way, and watch how the light becomes a broad light source as opposed to a small one. This is what you need, as the small light, and close in wide angle shot you are taking are not going to make you happy.
    Ill give it a go and re-post results, thankyou!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This was a shot for a cover of the W.A.C. Monthly magazine - max width of image has to be 7.25" or under.

-this configuration was rejected because it features a prohibited in WA binary trigger set.
    A Smith & Wesson M27-2 3.5" 1967 Utah Highway Patrol will take its place-

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerFish View Post
    This was a shot for a cover of the W.A.C. Monthly magazine - max width of image has to be 7.25" or under.

-this configuration was rejected because it features a prohibited in WA binary trigger set.
    The pic is a little cramped, but the lighting is everything else is spot on. We both know that sling isn't adding anything to the pic, but I can understand why its there.

How do you like the binary trigger? I've been kicking the idea around....
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerFish View Post
    By W.A.C., I'm assuming you mean Washington Arms Collectors?
    Stick

Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast