Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: "Critique my firearm picture" thread

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest84 View Post
    In general, color desaturation techniques with selective color tend to fall flat unless there is a solid B&W conversion along with it. Dark deep blacks are needed, otherwise it tends to look like a generic iPhone filter.

I only do similar conversions / post processing very infrequently as it is hard for me to get the right B&W look to go along with it.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    S&W 29-4 5" 1 of 500

Last edited by LOBO; 04-11-19 at 12:39.

Feedback Score
    Since you guys are posting B&W....

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 01-25-19 at 21:40.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Since you guys are posting B&W....

The glaring issue here is the curviture of the image as it goes off to the right. It looks like the pic was shot was a cell phone at wide angle. The light bleed off in refraction and distortion to the end weapon is unsat. Other than that, its not bad.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The first things I see are a VERY grainy image (with no redeeming reason) and a white balance which looks off. Additionally the image crop is too tight.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    Thank you.

I'm sure these things are painfully obvious to you, but not so obvious to me until you point them out. Your critiques help me look at things a bit differently and hopefully improve. Thanks again for your time and patience.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you.

I'm sure these things are painfully obvious to you, but not so obvious to me until you point them out. Your critiques help me look at things a bit differently and hopefully improve. Thanks again for your time and patience.
    Here’s the thing, the light is nice and the flashlight and handgun are posed well...and I’m assuming it’s natural or a hot light so you can’t just turn it up. But if you had a tripod, you could lengthen the shutter speed so that you could drop the ISO down to kill the noise/grain. What did you shoot it at btw?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

"Critique my firearm picture" thread

I dunno. Same event as the last one. Can’t wait to try it again with more ability to put lots of light exactly where I want it this year...and a better idea of where they are pointed at various parts of the course.

I don’t really love this one, but felt like if I’m going to be handing out criticism I should throw some of my shots out there...and this one was on my phone for some reason.
    Last edited by thopkins22; 01-27-19 at 13:50.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank you.

You are very welcome!
    Stick

Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast