Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: "Critique my firearm picture" thread

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bill460 View Post
    Just for giggles here is my Kimber 8400 Police Tactical in .300 Win. Mag. in the kitchen. No Kitchen Aid Mixmaster however. But you can dig on the Jack LaLane Power Juicer in the background. (Same crappy Sony Cybershot).

I'm not sure what you were going for with that shot, but my eye is drawn to the screaming mass of clutter, and not the weapon.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Its a solid pic, but being that this thread is for critique, there are two major issues that jump out. First is that it is a very grainy image, and second would be that the flash light grabs the eye first due to its lighter and brighter color. Still a very good pic though.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I really like the weapon setup, but it doesn't appear to be the focal point of the image. There is a lot going on with colors, shapes, angles and various backgrounds. I think the weapon could have been put on the ground and you would have had a cleaner shot.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    No gun here, but an interesting shot. As I said, this was me, just seeing something cool, then pulling a cheep camera (little square digital Nikon, sold at PX) out of my pocket, and snapping the shot. I'm thinking the first Post 9/11 deployment, but it could have been the 04-06 Iraq one. Sometimes it just works. Now I want to learn how to MAKE it work when I want it to.

Fantastic framing and color captured with this.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Fantastic framing and color captured with this.
    Thanks. It's one of the best photos I've ever taken. Used a little Pentax Optio 43WR I got at the PX on Camp Cedar. Still have it.

Hard to convey to people back home how you can be in some ****hole on the other side of the planet... hot, tired, and homesick, and still manage to take a moment out of the day to see something beautiful. Helps keep you grounded.
    Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 01-26-20 at 21:57.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    Its a solid pic, but being that this thread is for critique, there are two major issues that jump out. First is that it is a very grainy image, and second would be that the flash light grabs the eye first due to its lighter and brighter color. Still a very good pic though.
    Thank you for taking the time to critique and offer tips. I very much appreciate it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    Thanks. It's one of the best photos I've ever taken. Used a little Pentax Optio 43WR I got at the PX on Camp Cedar. Still have it.

Hard to convey to people back home how you can be in some ****hole on the other side of the planet... hot, tired, and homesick, and still manage to take a moment out of the day to see something beautiful. Helps keep you grounded.
    If you ever were outside the gates there were some hole in the wall buildings that stunk, and had holes in the ground for toilets. I can remember being so sick coming back in off patrol that I was curled up on those disgusting floors in a fetal position, wrapped around my beltfed, and groaning in pain.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to critique and offer tips. I very much appreciate it.
    You are quite welcome sir.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    If you ever were outside the gates there were some hole in the wall buildings that stunk, and had holes in the ground for toilets. I can remember being so sick coming back in off patrol that I was curled up on those disgusting floors in a fetal position, wrapped around my beltfed, and groaning in pain.

Oh, I was outside the gates... a few times too many.

You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    I will never be able to take pictures like @Stickman however I do like firearms and taking pictures....

Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast