Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: "Critique my firearm picture" thread

Feedback Score
    Either I don't have a lot of interesting areas on my property, or I lack imagination... Didn't feel like going down by the creek. Still soggy from he last overflow. Somehow, I find this rock, and angle pleasing to me. It's "Princess Rock", where we bury our dogs. Either of these any good? I like the shadows better on the early fall shot... I also like the yard when it's not dead looking.

Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 02-11-20 at 09:01.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    Either I don't have a lot of interesting areas on my property, or I lack imagination... Didn't feel like going down by the creek. Still soggy from he last overflow. Somehow, I find this rock, and angle pleasing to me. It's "Princess Rock", where we bury our dogs. Either of these any good? I like the shadows better on the early fall shot... I also like the yard when it's not dead looking.

A few things come to mind...

1. Change your angle and get lower. The alteration of the "typical" perspective will catch the eye more.

2. Use a larger aperture with your camera, this will blur the background and make it less busy looking.

3. You want lighting where the background is darker, and there is more light on the subject. This can work easiest on a cloudy day, or figuring out when the sun will be more in front of the rock instead of behind it.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    A few things come to mind...

1. Change your angle and get lower. The alteration of the "typical" perspective will catch the eye more.

2. Use a larger aperture with your camera, this will blur the background and make it less busy looking.

3. You want lighting where the background is darker, and there is more light on the subject. This can work easiest on a cloudy day, or figuring out when the sun will be more in front of the rock instead of behind it.
    1. I did that, but then there was a tree coming out of the back of the weapon, and it looked weird. I can try is again seeing as how I'm no artist.

2. Nope... my "camera" is an iPhone 7+ other than my very old little 4.3 megapixel Pentax, but I could play with that.

3. Devil's in the details. Thanks.

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    Same rock, but different lighting, (nicer day) different rifle, different angle so there isn't a tree coming out of the gun in the background, still just have a phone...

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    My phone has a setting that blurs out the background. I like the effect this has on the subject in the photo. Here is my Weatherby Vanguard Series 2 in .223 both ways...

Their dogs.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    E3E04086-59B2-4E17-A265-ACE62D50CFBB.jpg

Hopefully this will be a better picture. I have a standard Benelli M4, with a Mesa Urbino Stock, Strike Industries ForeGrip, H20 Barrel, GG&G Follower, I am just waiting on my Full Length Carbon Fiber Mag Tube and enlarged boot release. What do you guys think?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by H2n0 View Post
    E3E04086-59B2-4E17-A265-ACE62D50CFBB.jpg

Hopefully this will be a better picture. I have a standard Benelli M4, with a Mesa Urbino Stock, Strike Industries ForeGrip, H20 Barrel, GG&G Follower, I am just waiting on my Full Length Carbon Fiber Mag Tube and enlarged boot release. What do you guys think?
    The picture is so small, and so grainy there really isn't anything positive which can be said about it.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    ^^^ I'm not the pro that's supposed to be doing the critiques, but that's a cool shot in my book.

Their dogs.

Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast