Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: so, uh, can obama get a security clearance?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question so, uh, can obama get a security clearance?

if heaven forbid he gets elected to office?
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    Why wouldn't he? He is an American born in America. Even if he was a naturalized citizen he could still get one, which he is not.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question

known drug abuse, close relationship with convicted felons bill ayers and tony rescoe.

was he really born in the U.S.?
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 cal slut View Post
    Can Obama get a security clearance?

I'm sure that question was answerd a long time ago by his people.
    At less than 2 months out from the election that would be a hell of a road block.

Sam
    Last edited by BigSam; 09-11-08 at 20:39. Reason: Clarity

Feedback Score
    Not only that but wasn't Bill Clinton in pretty much the same boat when he was running for office? (Minus maybe the asociated w/fellons part) As far as I know that is not a show stopper anyway.

Make no mistake, I would love it if he could not get a TS/Yankee White or whatever the POTUS needs, but I'm pretty sure he is good to go...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 cal slut View Post
    Forgive my ignorance -- since when does an elected President of the United States (whether we like them or not) require a security clearance?

Feedback Score
    Anyone that requires access to classified information of any nature needs to go through the background checks and adjudication process, President or not.

Just because the President is the President does not mean they have access to classified information. They need a security clearance and a need to know. Those are the two requirements to gain access.

Then again I was just a unit security manager in the Air Force, not the White House. I could be wrong but I doubt it. Once again, I am sure this is a non issue for him.

Feedback Score

maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by RWK View Post
    Forgive my ignorance -- since when does an elected President of the United States (whether we like them or not) require a security clearance?
    well if treason happens burn him!security clearance can be controlled even to the President !

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You do realize that being a US Senator he already posses a security clearance.

BTW Yankee White is the clearance you need to be in the presence of the POTUS without being security screened.

Furthermore, none of the issues which have been listed in this forum would necessarily preclude him from gaining a the highest of security clearances, even if he was not elected.

Feedback Score
    "Yankee White" is a specific type of background check that must be done for people to work in direct contact with the POTUS just like the SSBI for TS, its not a classification in and of itself.

As far as Obama needing a security clearance . . . I believe that the presidential election, unlike a senate or representative seat, in itself is the security clearance. You cant make policy without the necesarry information. I dont think that there is a more stringent background check than 300 million people deciding whether or not you need access to all information. just my thoughts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast