Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gunskins - Review

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoochild View Post
    Stick I was looking into doing whole rifle.

I talked to them for you, and the issue becomes licensing, which they actually do to keep things legal. TheY have Kryptek Nomad, ATACS AU, and are bringing on board Pencott Sandstorm shortly.

While it isn't the perfect answer you are looking for, I do applaud them for not ripping off Caleb Crye like everyone else seems to do.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    It is a heavier material making it more durable, it is also a softer material which of course makes it less brittle. it doesn't mean it get or won't get wear marks, but it is able to take more knocking around in my experience.
    Cool. I am wondering if an applied acrylic spray over top would help?

Also, thoughts on putting the wrapped parts in the oven (at a low temp) to get a better (all around) adhesion??

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I talked to them for you, and the issue becomes licensing, which they actually do to keep things legal. TheY have Kryptek Nomad, ATACS AU, and are bringing on board Pencott Sandstorm shortly.

While it isn't the perfect answer you are looking for, I do applaud them for not ripping off Caleb Crye like everyone else seems to do.
    It's all good Stick. I am not 100% sold on MC but was just an option I was looking at.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Cool. I am wondering if an applied acrylic spray over top would help?

Also, thoughts on putting the wrapped parts in the oven (at a low temp) to get a better (all around) adhesion??

C4

I think it is easier to just heat the material as it is applied, I'm not sure heating the object would give the same results. However, I'm no expert, and the things I've done have been simply to break up outlines, and not to look nice or be precise.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I think it is easier to just heat the material as it is applied, I'm not sure heating the object would give the same results. However, I'm no expert, and the things I've done have been simply to break up outlines, and not to look nice or be precise.
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. Apply the wrap with a heat gun. Then, stick it in the oven for a final (set) as the oven is going to give you a more even heat distribution. Make sense?

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. Apply the wrap with a heat gun. Then, stick it in the oven for a final (set) as the oven is going to give you a more even heat distribution. Make sense?

C4
    You would need to verify with Kevin, but from what I understand that would not be of any help. It may even be a detriment. HOWEVER, he would have a MUCH better answer than my guesses. Regarding an overspray, he has something like that already which increases durability and grip texture. I don't bother using it personally, though it might be something I do for a grip area if it were something I was going to carry real world.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    I recently put some of this on, and I'm just not too sure about it. It looks great and all, but I just don't have a lot of confidence that it'll stay on. For those of you that have put it on, how's it holding up?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quick update with Gunskins applied in OCP over a carbine and a pistol.

Stick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast