Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Modifying a Velocity Scarab PC to accept a PIG cummerbund

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Drummer,

I hit you back about the scarab.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Not to necropost the absolute sh*t out of this thread... but I still haven't modified the PC to accept a different cummerbund, or purchased the quarter flaps. Not currently working in LE so the main purpose of the plate carrier now is SHTF / training use unless I go back.

Dug up this thread on Google, of all places, and decided to say I'm going to check it out when I get home and see if I can modify it myself without compromising the integrity of the back portion of it. I don't intend on ever using the zip-on backpack Velocity offers, but I'd really like to get a CB like this so I can at least run soft armor inserts with it because I'm no longer regularly wearing concealable soft armor:

“Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” - William James

"I believe the appropriate metaphor here involves a river of excrement and a Native American water vessel without any means of propulsion."

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    That's what I use.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    That's what I use.
    Does the elastic portion with the Velcro that goes inside the back panel measure 5” high or less? Just curious how far I’d need to cut, and that’s the space between the top and bottom of the three rows of Velcro currently on the factory cummerbund.

"I believe the appropriate metaphor here involves a river of excrement and a Native American water vessel without any means of propulsion."

Feedback Score
    Received the Mayflower cummerbund I attached the photo of a few posts ago and said "F it" and modified the carrier.

Initial impressions: it feels WAY more secure on my body than the old Velocity finger-style "light" cummerbund, although I would have probably ordered that specific attachment style had I seen it before I placed the order just so I didn't have to cut threads on the carrier itself. I have access to heavy-duty sewing equipment at my dive buddy's house and his wife is going to make me a handful of elastic loops from the yard of 1" elastic I ordered for securing comms cables and the hose to the small hydration bladder I'm waiting to receive (along with a couple other things) from USMC_03.

That said... I am going to have to lose some chest/waist girth in order to fit comfortably into this thing in any position, or to stuff the 6x6 side plates I ordered in it. I've always been barrel-chested and I have some weight to lose but I didn't expect this thing to be this damn tight. LOL
    Last edited by Six Feet Under; 06-08-20 at 10:52.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234