Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Modifying a Velocity Scarab PC to accept a PIG cummerbund

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Call/email Velocity Systems and ask for them to make you a modified Scarab. I'll bet they'd probably do it, especially if you're looking to just run an APC bund.

I had a Scarab a while back (Gen 1- I see they changed the shoulder straps on yours). The original shoulders straps were way to long, so I asked them for a custom set. Turns out the new correct length straps were already being made, and they sent me a set, *but* they did listen to what I wanted. So, maybe drop them a line?
    I inquired about deleting the front kangaroo pocket all together and having nothing but loop on the front panel. They we're receptive to doing so but the up charge was pricey. But they'll do semi custom stuff.

Feedback Score
    I've already owned the PC for a year, so I guess I'll just try it out and see the outcome...
    “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” - William James

"I believe the appropriate metaphor here involves a river of excrement and a Native American water vessel without any means of propulsion."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I inquired about deleting the front kangaroo pocket all together and having nothing but loop on the front panel. They we're receptive to doing so but the up charge was pricey. But they'll do semi custom stuff.
    That would be ideal, imo.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrvip27 View Post
    That would be ideal, imo.
    I was quoted at $354 to do it fyi.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    OP (or anyone else for that matter) send me a PM if you are still working on this. I am a Velocity Systems dealer and may be able to help you out. Also I can inquire about that Scarab without the roo pouch if anyone is interested. I'm sure the price will be better than $354.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdude1188 View Post
    OP (or anyone else for that matter) send me a PM if you are still working on this. I am a Velocity Systems dealer and may be able to help you out. Also I can inquire about that Scarab without the roo pouch if anyone is interested. I'm sure the price will be better than $354.
    Drummer,

Clear out your PM box and I'll drop you a line.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Drummer,

Clear out your PM box and I'll drop you a line.
    PM sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    PM sent

Any update? I'm considering switching to a Scarab and would go without the kangaroo pouch if it was an option. OP, what exactly didn't you like about the cummerbund? That it couldn't hold soft armor?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Any update? I'm considering switching to a Scarab and would go without the kangaroo pouch if it was an option. OP, what exactly didn't you like about the cummerbund? That it couldn't hold soft armor?
    It can be done. Price is going to be right at $300 with the customization. PM me if you want to go over it in more detail.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    It can be done. Price is going to be right at $300 with the customization. PM me if you want to go over it in more detail.

I'm still in for one. Just trying to figure out some details still. Namely plate size.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast