Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Modifying a Velocity Scarab PC to accept a PIG cummerbund

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdude1188 View Post
    It can be done. Price is going to be right at $300 with the customization. PM me if you want to go over it in more detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The carrier alone from OP Tactical is $295, am I missing something? Otherwise that's a solid deal.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I'm still in for one. Just trying to figure out some details still. Namely plate size.
    After re-reading the plate fitment thread I'm considering stepping up to a large carrier then running a large plate in the rear and medium in the front. Because gains and stuff. Not sure how well a medium plate will sit in a large carrier though.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Modifying a Velocity Scarab PC to accept a PIG cummerbund

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    The carrier alone from OP Tactical is $295, am I missing something? Otherwise that's a solid deal.

After re-reading the plate fitment thread I'm considering stepping up to a large carrier then running a large plate in the rear and medium in the front. Because gains and stuff. Not sure how well a medium plate will sit in a large carrier though.

The price from OP tactical is for the standard carrier. There is a substantial customization charge to remove the kangaroo pouch and the other mods the OP requested. The $300 I quoted is for the modified carrier. We can do different size plates in front and back as well. PM me if you want some more details.
    Last edited by drummerdude1188; 03-07-17 at 20:56.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Wait. The front flap is removable right? The kangaroo pouch is no longer part of the carrier once it's removed right?

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Wait. The front flap is removable right? The kangaroo pouch is no longer part of the carrier once it's removed right?

Negative. The flap is removable but the roo pouch is not. It's hard sewn into the carrier.

Drummer, I'll be reaching out to put my order in.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So this is a bit of a necro post but we finally had one made. This was at the request of a LE customer of ours. Really like how this turned out. Price was a good bit higher due to it being a one-off item. We are thinking about doing a group buy if we can get enough interest, which would reduce the cost. Would probably need four people, and would all have to be the same color, however they can be any size.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q1XUoAC1B4&t=5s
    Last edited by drummerdude1188; 07-13-17 at 23:09.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I was super interested until I saw that the back panel zipper was removed. I haven't used one yet but that was the biggest reason I was interested in the Scarab because I transition between mounted and dismounted a lot.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I was super interested until I saw that the back panel zipper was removed. I haven't used one yet but that was the biggest reason I was interested in the Scarab because I transition between mounted and dismounted a lot.

They wouldn't do both. We tried to get them to just leave the zipper on and add the flap but it was a no go. If your just looking for a standard scarab without the roo pouch on the front that will be easy.
    Last edited by drummerdude1188; 07-14-17 at 00:47.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    They wouldn't do both. We tried to get them to just leave the zipper on and add the flap but it was a no go. If your just looking for a standard scarab without the roo pouch on the front that will be easy.
    Which flap? The cummerbund?

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Which flap? The cummerbund?

The rear flap that covers the cummerbund attachments. They would not add that on over the zipper, zipper had to go if we wanted the APC cummerbund.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    The rear flap that covers the cummerbund attachments. They would not add that on over the zipper, zipper had to go if we wanted the APC cummerbund.
    Oh I see, that's a bummer because that carrier has a lot going for it.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast